cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Getting Ready To break the Habit

imaquiter2
0 15 57

I am 25 and have been smoking since I was 13. I shared my desire to quit with my family today and was met with comments like i'll believe it when i see it and you've said you quit before and yet still carried cigarettes.

In a way carrying them helped me in my efforts to stop. it always seemed like having a few on me dropped the anxiety level it made me feel in control. When I didn't have any with me i felt desperate and anxious. I couldn't even enjoy time with my family. In the end that  didn't work and i found myself sneaking off to smoke that cigarette i had been resisting.

I realized it was time to really time to quit when earlier this year it got to the point where i couldn't even sit in a movie theater and enjoy my over priced movie without having to step outside for a smoke. Now even the duration of a TV show can be a problem.

Then I started smoking in my room. Something i used to do only when it was so cold outside even cracking the door and smoking with my head out side was too much. Now even my pillows stink.

Today  I got a bit of a late start and tomorrow will be my Official day one.

15 Comments