cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Get your post-quit CT scan!

minihorses
8 20 241

I quit smoking 4 1/2 years ago after 30+ years of smoking.  I had a CT lung screen in 2017 but I picked up smoking again until fall 2018 when I finally quit for good.  My doctor never mentioned getting another one even though he knew I had gone back to smoking for several months. Fast forward to this year.  In March I had an appointment with the nurse who suggested I get another CT scan because I had started again for those 7 months in early 2018.  I thought all would be good but sadly I was wrong.  The screening came back as pulminary fibrosis - a progressive disease that the tissue around the air sacs becomes stiff and loses its functionality.  I won't know how bad or a prognosis until June (I had to wait 3 months before they had an opening!!) but I thank God for the nurse or this would have gone undiagnosed until I had symptoms.  I am being proactive and really leaning in to my all-organic and all-natural diet, positive attitude, meditation and am restarting my Reiki self-healing.  With God's help I pray to live a long time.  So dear friends no matter what, be proactive and ask your doctor for a CT scan. Don't wait, your life might depend on it.

Julie

1700 Days Quit 

20 Comments
About the Author
I had smoked 35 years. I consider myself 'certifiably crazy' (jokingly) and anyone that knows me can attest to that : ) I am a certified Reiki practioner, I love heavy metal music even though I'm over 50; animals of all kinds and will rescue and rehab (if possible) any beastie I come across; I love raising ducks; riding horses; embroidery, and of course sarcasm. I am looking forward to the rest of my life as a non-smoker.