cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

GUESS WHO'S BACK!!!!

jameskidd86
0 6 29

That's right, after a year or two I am back. Last time I was here I was quitting cold turkey and had a very long slip up. I wanted to let everyone know that I am back and following the nicoten patch program all the way through this time. I am on day 3 and fourth patch (just put it on about 2 hours ago). The reason I am back is because I had such great support from everyone here. This time failure is NOT an option. This time I will NOT fail. I refuse to go back to the life of a smoker. I know I have only been quit for 3 days now, but already I feel better, my taste, scence of smell is coming back. I have more energy and just feel so much better. I have noticed that I become bored very easily. I have to contstantly move my hands, which is fine. I have been using prezzel rods to chew on for now. I plan on buying a bicycle come this spring. My advice to those of you beginning your quit soon or have already started is to find something to keep your hand occupied. Reach out to people for support, tell everyone that you are quitting. You will be surprised at how much support you will get, even from current smokers. I downloaded a savings calculator, which tells me how much money I have saved by not smoking, how many cigarettes I have not smoked, how much of my life I have saved, and how long I have been quit. Even though I smoked cheap cigarettes I have already saved $12.41 as of right now (1/14/13 12:58 pm). You can quit, I know you can, I believe in you.

6 Comments
SmokedOut041412

Welcome Back!!!

Have you educated yourself on this addiction? The following links had info that I found helpful:

WhyQuit.com

quitsmokingonline.com  

I also have a meter that keeps track of what I save. How fun to be spending that money on other things and getting healthier at the same time! 🙂

I have been quit for 9 Months, 10 hours, 34 minutes and 13 seconds (275 days). I have saved $1,127.92 by not smoking 3,856 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week, 6 Days, 9 hours and 20 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 4/14/2012 12:00 AM

SarahP

Welcome back! 

The patch will help you focus on the emotional/behavioral addiction first, and then you can deal with the nicotine addiction later. For some insights on the behavioral part of this addiction definitely do the readings. Along with the two links SmokedOut gave you above, there's also a free book you can download at this link: 

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

It is critical to understand this addiction, including why we think the way we do and why we relapse just when we think we have it licked. 

You can do this, we're here for you! 

dvolgenau4

Welcome back , I have also just returned and also doing the patch stay close to site and have a great smoke free day.

mlpepsi517

Welcome back!  I used the patch this time around but not the full length of the course.  I used 2 weeks on step1 and then almost 2 weeks on step 2 and just decided it was time.  Now I still have a few here just in case I ever needed them, but here it is 121 days later.  The point.... if you COMMIT to succeed then you will succeed!  

Strudel

Welcome back and congrats on your quit! You are right - NO OPTIONS! That is the way to think. You have quit - no going back. Congrats to you - stay close!! 

Dakota_Posse

Welcome back James!!!!!  Sounds like you are determined and have your head on straight.....keep saying it to yourself and protect your quit while you re-learn your life without sickorettes!!!

Keep us updated and congratulations!!!

Cindy