cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Fresh Start

JOURNEY4LIFE
1 4 95

Tomorrow is my first day. I need some fresh ideas for activities to keep me busy. I know I want to research lyrics and sing. Going for a walk might help. Anything else? I will take the 11.80 I would have spent and get a couple fresh packs of bubblegum too. Any other substitutions?

4 Comments
About the Author
Lived a tough life. Started smoking at 24. Then quit at 31. Started again at 37. Turned 39. Quitting again. I know it's better on the other side so I am more hopeful than I was at 31. I do know that there will be a time eventually that most days will pass without a thought about smoking at all. However, I find I am reliant in it for relaxation again. Unfortunately there are at least three days to pass before I feel relaxed. For me it will probably be longer, at least a week. Going cold turkey this time but I feel like a scared chicken. Tomorrow is my first day. My body will start it's healing process and although I am glad and excited about the prospect, I am sure to turn into a mess, and get pretty irritable, and impatient worse than normal. So although happy and excited at the same time dreading the initial pain and strain. What a great day to be alive!