cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Freedom train (Sunday 7/22/12)

maggie_8-1-2010
0 43 49

Welcome to Sunday everybody! I'm sending out positive thoughts to all of the Ex family and their loved ones.

After several attempts to quit, KathyS finally realized that she just could not ever smoke, even a puff, again. She learned that it leads to relapse. So Kathy knuckled down and became an Ex. That was 900 days ago. Way to show us how to do it Kathy!

Our next two guests have had their ups and downs but have remained smoke free now for 300 days! Way to go Joanne and Owlfeather! It won't be long now and you'll reach one whole year! Welcome aboard and have some fun ladies!

We haven't seen Lady Hyacinth for a few months now but she reached 200 days today. I had to put her on the train! Hey Lady, if you happen to find yourself around a computer (working of course) I hope you'll be able to join us.

Our final guest today is someone who tried to jump the gun last week!!! It's enthusiasm like that that will carry Sandy all the way to her forever quit. Today we are welcoming Sandy in the Triple Digit Club with 100 days. How does it feel now Sandy? Hop aboard and mingle with your fellow quitters.

That should do it for today – if you are aware of anyone else please let this conductor know as soon as possible so the train can redirect to pick whomever up. Thanks!

This train is bound for FREEDOM from the Evils of tobacco and smoking!

"IF YOU ARE NOT RIDING WITH US, YOU ARE MISSING THE TRAIN"

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ABOARD!!!!!!!!! Maggie image

Cherish each and every breath you take.

Tags (1)
43 Comments
maggie_8-1-2010

Myspace Comment:  Good Morning 40 To my friends!

JonesCarpeDiem

GREAT JOB EACH OF YOU!

maggie_8-1-2010

To KathyS, Joanne, Owlfeather, Lady Hyacinth and Sandy

Newfound_Joy

HOLY MOLY!!  ALL THESE BEAUTIFUL WOMEN TODAY WITH AWESOME QUITS!!  HUGE CONGRATS TO ALL!!!

Flowers for the ladies......................

img alt="" src="" />

img alt="" src="" />

maggie_8-1-2010

Iced coffee?  image Love you Linda N

maggie_8-1-2010

maggie_8-1-2010

Would someone please pass a slice or two to Tommy?

Patty-cake

Pat yourself on the back … big time!

Read more: http://www.beliefnet.com/Inspiration/Galleries/so-you-quit-smoking.aspx#ixzz21MNXVhZq

maggie_8-1-2010

Yummy!

image  Good to see you too Joni! Can I get you anything?
Patty-cake

The http://www.beliefnet.com/Inspiration/Galleries/so-you-quit-smoking.aspx?b=1&p=11 link is pretty cool. Nice reading, things we know but like to hear.

maggie_8-1-2010

TheNewMe_Jo

Congratulations everyone

Lady H wooohooo we miss you 🙂

Lets PARRRR TAYYYY

img alt="" />

TheNewMe_Jo

maggie_8-1-2010

TheNewMe_Jo

TheNewMe_Jo

maggie_8-1-2010

@ Patty - that is a nice site. Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

TheNewMe_Jo

mikecity
maggie_8-1-2010

Thanks for the help in the kitchen Jo. I really need it today. In fact I need to put the train on auto pilot. I"ll come back a bit later!

Keep up the good work guys!!!

robin122

TheNewMe_Jo

img alt="" />

TheNewMe_Jo

Remember this one? I loved this video back in the day, today it makes me giggle hehe but I still love him 🙂

img alt="" />

Newfound_Joy

img alt="" src="" />

May we all be PROUD QUITTERS and fly high like Tony the Tiger!!

😄

lindan_7-14-10

Congratulations to Kathy, Joanne, ((Owlfeather)), Lady Hyacinth, and Sandy ... WTG ladies♥♥♥♥♥

jojo_2-24-11

Geesh Jo, I remember that ohhh so well. I loved the dance moves, only do them in the privacy of my room, like him! lol! Love the clothes!

TheNewMe_Jo

dance

lindan_7-14-10

Thanks for the iced coffee Maggie .. I need an I V of it .. LOL!!!! I love you sweet lady♥

jojo_2-24-11

Thanks Maggie for another great train ride! Congratulations to KathyS. what an inspiration at 900 days! Joanne and Owlfeather Great Job on 300 days WooHoo! It will be one year before you know it! LadyH, you must be real busy with the Hyacinths, a BIG CONGRATS to you on 200 days, great job! And Sandy, the TDC, nice going. This is something to celebrate!

TheNewMe_Jo

I know jojo.. I USED to be able to move like that hahahaha

Id hurt myself if I did that now. I heard that song on the radio the other day and said, "oh no way?" it took me back 🙂

cup of tea for Kev 🙂

jojo_2-24-11

I sometimes think I can still do it and then I look in the mirror and really laugh! That's okay there are things I can do today that I couldn't do then. It's a nice trade-off! That's for the trip down memory lane!

jojo_2-24-11

I meant thanks! Spelling is not one of those things! lol

Strudel

Wow - what an amazing passenger list this morning Maggie!! Congrats to all!!

owlfeather

I do not have 300 days. 

Ex_Nancy

Thank you Maggie for the fabulous Freedom Train and CONGRATS to all on your milestones today!!!  xoxo    img alt="" src="" />  

MarcieWhosoever

congrats everyone! Im sorry i really messed up the dates today! messed up owlfeathers and sandys!!!!!!!!!!!   It happens when  we keep track of a couple hundred quit dates!!!!!! sorry everyone 🙂

Ill get them right in my notes for next time. @ Maggie YGM

MarcieWhosoever

MarcieWhosoever

joy36

I Was Just Counting My Blessings

maggie_8-1-2010

@ thenewme (jo) imageThank you so much for stepping up to the plate for me. You did a great job and I really appreciate it!  Hmmmmm, perhaps there is a future for you somewhere! 

maggie_8-1-2010

I just love miss little sunshine! Got to love her spirit!

pir8fan

What a great day to ride the Train! Thank you for remembering me with the banana bread Maggie! Big Smooch!

I did have an e-mail EXchange with KathyS, earlier this week! She was going to try to get here today but has many irons in the fire! She is indeed Smoke Free wishes she had more time to be here! Kathy has been special to me since we first met here! Congrats on 900 Days Kathy!

Lady H, you were of the very first people that I met here! I am not sure what is up with you, but I miss you and look forward to catching up!

To all the others celebrating milestones today: Even though we may not be as close as I have been too the other two Ladies, I do care about you and your quits! You are valuable members of this home of "Collateral Kindness"! Congrats on your milestones!

I know there is a wire crossed here somewhere Owl, but do not stress over it! You will be at 300! We al;l know that!

Congrats to all, and special thanks to Maggie!       Tommy

Brenda-T.

You are always an insprasion to everyone.  I still hanging in there.  They did surgery on two arms and next will be my elbow then my neck then my back.  My sisters have been a big help and reading blogs keep me going.  I have been in therapy since Dec.  I have a long ways to go.  Thanks for the pick me ups.  Take care and keep up the good work. Brenda