cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Freedom----Control

Lisa1030
0 11 19
  Hi everyone. Ah, to be an ex smoker. It means freedom from bondage. I was a slave to cigarettes. It means fresher breath, more money,  no more hacking, a cleaner smelling home and car. The greatest advantage will be a longer life, and I don’t have to stop what I am doing to have a cigarette. I don’t have to stand out in the cold on my break to smoke. I can sit and watch a movie without thinking “I can’t wait til this movie is over so I can go out and have a cigarette.” I have control of my life now not the cigarettes. 

I can say (smugly or otherwise) when asked for a light, “Sorry, I don’t smoke.” I can be proud of myself.

If anyone out there is having problems with their quit just remember that you can do it---- you have the strength within you to defeat it. It is a terrible addiction and you can overcome it and it has such wonderful rewards.
11 Comments
ShawnP

It is nice to have that freedom.  We no longer make smoking the center of attention in everything that we do. I have filled that extra time with other stuff but i do still need to slow down too and enjoy it all.  Its still great to see doctors and when asked if you smoke to say, its been 2 yrs since i stopped. Woo hooo! Congrats to you Lisa with 1 month and 2 days!!! You're doing great!!!

cookie804

Lisa I am so proud of you. Our new found family is so awesome and supportive. I don't think that I would have made it without them. I caught myself saying the other day, I don't smoke any more and I was like where did that come from.

Enjoy your DOF and God bless

Carolyn

sparky26

YoungAtHeart

Freedom IS wonderful!

Nancy

Deena-A-Yenni

Thanks for your blog and congrats on your quit!!

free2be2

can't wait to feel that freedom! Good for you!

Jennifer-Quit

Feeling free is a wonderful feeling!  Congratulations on your quit!

Jennifer-Quit

Feeling free is a wonderful feeling!  Congratulations on your quit!

summer-07-06-15

Congratulations to 32 days of freedom.

Congratulations Graphic With Teddy

joyeuxencore

xo

moonchild32

Well gratz and a post I can relate to 🙂 I HATED LOR: 2nd because it 4 hrs and I didnt get a break to smoke - then I watched others on DVD - u can pause that 🙂 Now I guess I don't need but... still not sold on watching another movie in theater lol