Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Fourteen Days! And some words for the newbies <3

RikkiJean
7 8 179

Sloan Canyon, Petroglyph TrailSloan Canyon, Petroglyph Trail 

Good morning and happy Friday! So happy to have made it through my second week not vaping.  Every day is a little different.  Cravings are less and less.  It's more just an annoying thing I think about with a side of a weird body buzz.  I respond to it with "really, you again?"  Ten jumping jacks usually knocks it out. Foggy brain is still here, but not terrible.  Not like the first week.  I've had some hella weird dreams the past couple of nights, but I'm sleeping.  I'm putting together a weekend plan - like, a mapped out itinerary - to help me remain focused and have things to look forward to. Anything to keep my mind off of my FORMER nicotine habit.  

It's been four weeks since I made the decision to begin this journey.  I remember feeling so afraid, not knowing what's to come.  Fear is always rooted in the unknown.  But, I educated myself.  I learned what this poison does to my brain. I took the advice of so many great Exers here and put my plan together.  I visualized my life free from addiction and little by little, my courage grew, and I took the mindset of a WARRIOR.  This journey requires nothing less, because we are fighting against something so strong that's had power over us for so long.  We can't pretend it will be easy.  We can't pretend it won't hurt.  We have to face it head on, make peace with the sucky stuff, and keep moving FORWARD.  There absolutely is a way out, and everyone here has it within them to defeat the monster.  

For those that don't know, I am using the patch and I am sticking with the ten-week plan.  I chose not to use the gum because I am an addict, and I know I'd just get addicted to the gum.  There is absolutely no shame in using a little help.  It doesn't make you weaker.  It doesn't mean you're doing this wrong.  Whatever method you need to use to break the chain of addiction, USE IT.  This isn't a competition.  

I hope everyone has an amazing day.  I am super grateful to have all of you on this journey, and I am rooting for every single one of you, especially the kids drudging through hell week.  You've got this! And I promise you, it does get easier.  It's no walk in the park, but it DOES get easier. Day by day. Little by little. Never give up on yourself. 

💕

"I break chains all by myself, won't let my freedom rot in hell, imma keep running cuz a winner don't quit on themselves." - Freedom, by Beyoncé 

"March for Freedom's Highway, march each and every day. Made up my mind, and I won't turn around." - Freedom's Highway, the Staples Singers

"There's something deep inside of me, there's someone else I've got to be." - Freedom 90, George Michael 

Get that freedom, y'all......

8 Comments
About the Author
Hello everyone. :) I enjoy hiking, camping, photography, reading, volunteering, cooking, spending time with friends, good conversations. I have no kids, but I have a sweet little cat. Happy to be here and happy to have support on my quitting journey.