cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Four days to my quit

triciab5
0 4 15

Feeling nervous but very excited!!! My husband smokes and is not ready to quit so this is going to be tough but I am going to do this and really appreciate this site!!!

4 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Perhaps ask hubby to not smoke around you  - and to keep his cigarettes and lighters out of your sight.

I think we all felt nervous and excited - you are entering uncharted waters.  I hope you have done the reading, have made your list of reasons for quitting to keep with you - and your list of activities to distract you.  Have you bought some sugarfree gum and mints?  Perhaps an adult coloring book or jigsaw/crossword puzzle book?

Get ready, get set..................................

Nancy

avjets

You got this.  Also if your husband can see you as a great example of feeling better and free from the slavery of cigareets he may follow suit sooner than you think.  Keep this excited feeling in mind when cravings hit

triciab5

Thanks I have done the readings and read a lot of blogs, I have mints and the adult coloring book is a great idea I will get one today. Hopefully my husband will stop smoking soon, he is a recovering alcoholic with one year clean and sober.

JACKIE1-25-15

Remember to take baby steps.  One day at a time.  One craving at a time. Educate yourself by reading the suggested material so that you know what to expect. You can do this.  Come here blog, vent, scream.  We will hear you.