Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Forty Days and Forty Nights....

pipster540
0 10 20

Good Morning Graphic #152

Good Morning | Forward this Picture" />

Again, I say…this hasn’t been too bad.  In the big scheme of things, I’ve done much harder than this…however I still don’t always feel like a REAL Non-smoker….I mean, sometimes I feel like I’m just playing one on TV...and there’s going to be a really stupid commercial coming on any second now…

I’ve been staying at the office more and getting a bunch of work done….amazing how much I can do when I’m not distracted by smoking.  I don’t have to come home from work at lunch time if I don’t want to….I can enjoy having a working lunch….none of that crazy LUNCH HOUR SMOKING ROUTINE…you know, you had one………..

Had a little irritability mid-week, after I was off the patches for a couple of days…but that’s better.  Been a tad bit more emotional the last couple of days…but that could just be who I am now that I’m not stuffing my feelings by sucking toxic waste…what a pitiful coping mechanism smoking is…I’ll show them..I’ll kill me…very slowly….

I was having problems with fatigue and indecision…but again…better.

I did having a speaking gig two nights ago, that went well….but I had a pretty good sized crave driving home…this was followed by a drinking/smoking dream…so I won’t be doing that again until I have some more time into my quit…I’m thinking like 6 months or more….

My spouse is still smoking and I’m ok with it, for now.  I don’t have to see it and the bit of smoke I smell on her person, gives me gratitude that I no longer smell like that.  She lets me read some blogs to her from time to time…and she likes the funny antics of the elders…so I feel like, in due time, she’ll be joining me on this journey as well.

So…40 days under my belt.  I’m feeling much better than I did, say, at 4 days.  I’m glad that I found this site.  Without the support here, the prep work that I did and continuous working of a quit plan…I’d be smoking.  I can honestly say, I’ve not had an urge to go buy, borrow or steal cigarettes at anytime during this quit.  That amazes me….can’t smoke ‘em if I don’t have ‘em…  duh… 

Well, dear Ex’ers, have a wonderful smoke free day…

Be Blessed,

10 Comments
Thomas3.20.2010

Be Blessed, My New Friend! And CONGRATULATIONS on a very inspirational quit! You are embarking on your journey with courage and a sense of adventure! It only gets BETTER!!! Enjoy your Smoke FREE YOU!

onedayatatime2

How come I cannot do graphics?  Oh well!  Geat Job!!!! You are one of the first I met here and have always encouraged me along.  Thanks!

pipster540

Its the thought that counts Odat...thanks!

aztec

You sound strong Hang tough, reward yourself with something tangible that you wil remembet why you got it.

40 days is an awesome accomplishment

You're awinner

start new things and guard your quit

love aztec

Leeza

Congratulations on reaching 40 days.  Moving off the patch is a big accomplishment.  Keep inspiring your wife and hopefully she'll be joining you on this marvelous journey soon.

laurie37

CONGRATULATIONS Pippa!!! You have an awesome quit going!!! You are an asset to this site! I love reading your comments; frequently funny, often right on target and your blogs!

(((BIG HUGS MY FRIEND)))

ninepatch

40 Days.....and counting.  You are doing it.  Day by day it is getting easier.  Congrats and hold onto your quit.  Happy Weekend!

JonesCarpeDiem

Mights? NIce!

maggie_8-1-2010

Way to go Pip!  Keep it coming and remember to protect it at all times!

Strudel

Pipster - Great blog! Congrats on 40 days!