cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Format change?

james41
1 12 141

Laptop broken, tablet now. Hope everyone is fine. Later . Stay quit . Stay HAPPY!!!

12 Comments
Puff-TM-Draggin

I know I needn't bother telling you not to smoke over it.  I'm fine, thanks.  A lot around here are still giddy over the EX5 Reunion in Virginia Beach.  Thanks for the update.  Tablets are great for some things but I need a keyboard to type, (surprising though how fast my fingers fly when texting; never would have guessed.)

Be Well.  Be Happy.  Be FREE!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes the site migrated to a new platform in January of this year so the community looks a bit different but is still here to help people quit or maintain their quit. It's still got all the love and support that it had before.

Mark

EX Community Manager

elvan

james41‌ Good to hear from you, so glad that you are still happy...the ORIGINAL Happy Quitter!

Best to you,

Ellen

Puff-TM-Draggin

Is james41 really the 'original' Happy Quitter?

elvan

I THINK so...not sure, ask someone who has been here longer like Giulia‌ or JonesCarpeDiem‌ or YoungAtHeart

I am pretty sure the Happy Quitter was James...not sure about the number though.

Giulia

Yes, James41 is the "Happy Quitter" James that we all know and love.  /blogs/james41-blog/2013/05/26/smoked-36-years   Newbies - go back and read all his blogs!

Thomas3.20.2010

Yes, James is the original Happy Quitter! And it's so good to see you here, james41‌!

YoungAtHeart

It IS good to see you, James!  When I first quit, I wondered if I would ever get to be a Happy Quitter - you were an inspiration to me.

I didn't come to it as quickly as you, but I can now say I am also a Happy Quitter!

Nancy

james41

You have always be able to navigate the site well,, did I inadvertently put a 41 on my name or was it a glitch, or assignment. It just all of a sudden showed up on the end of my name. Thanks Giulia

james41

Yes it's me,,,some how 41 got tacked onto James  (I wish 41 lol) not sure how used to be just 'james'

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

/blogs/Mark-blog/2016/11/23/get-ready-for-new-community-check-your-username?sr=search&searchId=bd4b9...‌  Here is a blog posted at the end of last year to prepare for the move to the new community. There were a couple reminders and a couple emails too. Those who didn't update their username on their own to be unique were assigned a username with an integer added so they were unique. Invalid characters were replaced or removed with valid ones.  There must have been at least 40 other James.

Mark
EX Community Manager

Giulia

james41‌  Before the platform changed, we were all advised and give ample time to come up with a unique username.  One reason being the useful new availability of the @ mention.  That's why many put their quit dates as part of their name.  If the member didn't check their emails from the site or didn't come to the site and read the notices to change their name, then they were given random numbers after their names.  I'm guessing the computer saw you as the 41st James to have enrolled on the site and so added that number after your name.  If you need help getting around the place, give a holler.  Nice to see you! 

(Obviously Mark beat me to the punch, hadn't read his before I wrote mine.)