Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

For the First Time quitter !!!

aride
0 13 152

Hello eveyone,

My name is Adrien and I wanted to get straight into the point of trying to "quit" for the first time. "After a night of smoking and drinking, try not to brush your teeth and go about your day". This was my remedy and it actually "works". I "hadbeen smoking cigarattes for about 6 years and am 50 days "smokefree" today. I was noticing upon waking up from a night of partying that I would not crave a cigarette or alchohol much. Now, I'm no scientist but, I believe this had something to do with the nicotine still hugging onto the wetness of my mouth. And it never failed; soon as I would brush my teeth I could literally feel the sparks and neurons in my brain firing off like I was brushing away the "stuff". Try this out - "When you wake up in the morning DO NOT BRUSH YOUR TEETH" if you can. Your cravings will be lower than usual. Try not to eat or drink anything either. I did this for three days and got over the initial pain period of "fiening" for a cigarette. I even had a cigarette left from the first night and did not smoke it. Actually threw it away on the third night. 

13 Comments
kloud9

whatever works for you bro.   long as it works.   but me i brush twice a day and even more if i could.    here's to you havin a successful QUIT

N.O.P.E.    All Day Long...............

kloud9

OOOhh  Congrats on 50 days

aride
Thanks a lot bro. I know It sounds kind of different but, It did the trick. To you and your "success"
Sootie

Yes---absolutely....WHATEVER works! I had a friend on this site when I first quit who swore by the opposite.....he would brush his teeth whenever he had a craving and that seemed to stop them for him. WHATEVER!

And CONGRATULATIONS on 50 days!!! woooooohoooooooo

Stay Strong.

aride
Thank you Sootie. Can't wait til I have a quit day far gone like yours. Congratulations! And Dale thanks a bunch. I followed all the prompts just like I plan to pass right through no mans land. Insightful information
swilson2

50 days is wonderful, good for you,your moving along nicely.

aride
Thanks for the the support. I'm honestly glad that I have posted here and have gotten responses. After my smokerfree txt stopped I was beginning to feel left to do this all alone. Lots of good people here. I love it all!
djmurray

Hey, ARide -- we are definitely here to do this with you.  I'm only at Day 20, but I'm excited and it's going really well.  I look forward to talking to you more as we make this journey together!

Thomas3.20.2010

Welcome, Adrien!

You're in the right place! Keep reading and writing Blogs! We're all about Nicotine Addiction Recovery!

aride
Thank you for the reassurance.
Ms.J_11-10-2013

50 days wow, thats quite an achievment.. Do what you have to to get it done, whatever works for you. Education to this addiction is key to a strong quit.  Come here often, we do it all we laugh, cry, pray and most of all support each otherand we are here to support you now!!

Jackie

436 DOF

aride
Why thank you. I thought I had struggles. You are the real soldier! Keep yourself above ground!!