cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

For My Wonderful Friends, Supporters, and STACYCATT

candylance
0 21 3

Committed myself to a private psychiatric hospital in Williamsburg, VA. I'm home now and doing great. Had a team of 6 doctors helping me to balance my psych meds.I think i've mentioned before that I have Parkinson's Disease. Well, my neurologist never bothered to put me on Sinemet or carbadopa-levadopa. My speech has improved, I can concentrate and read with ease, my muscles aren't nearly as stiff, and I'm trying so hard not to overdo as they titrate the dose.

The doctors put me on a lactose free diet. I did NOT even know that I was lactose intolerant. What a difference!! The nutritionist worked with me on the foods and drinks I need to avoid, including soft drinks which cause me to retain fluid due to the carbonation.

Next came the peripheral neuropathy!! They put me on Neurontin for nerve pain, mostly in my legs and feet. Also, this. pill that has to increase in milligrams as they put me on a starter dose. It will only get better. NO narcotics or pain pills. Cymbalta took the place of my depression medication and is for depression AND nerve pain.

I was put in the geriatric unit because I was a 'fall risk'!! They diagnosed me with PTSD, Bipolar2 (mostly depression, little mania. They put me there as well due to the Crohn's Disease. Well, you never knew who was going to fall out of their wheel chair, and the paranoid schizophrenics just couldn't get their meds under control. Oh, the screaming!! It was so nervewracking and pitiful. Of course, I was trying to cure all the patients, and the techs told me just to take care of myself. That's the way I survived. I am feeling HAPPY, JOYOUS, and CAREFREE.

Please keep me in your prayers. I'm keeping check on the blogs, my friends, and thank goodness for the telephone. Thank you, STACYCATT, for saving my life.

21 Comments