cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Fooling myself

Rob1974
0 10 16

I am a closet smoker. Today I noticed my teeth are tobacco stained so soon after a  dental cleaning. I fool no one but myself. Trying to mask the stink sticks I wear non cotton clothing, use perfume and eat mints. Even spray my hair to cover the stink.

all this energy is better spent on quitting: reality coming into view.

I read apples are a good choice when starting a quit so I am off to the store to buy a bag. Just one more tool in my quit box.

10 Comments
Thomas3.20.2010

Don't forget the Cranberry Juice while you're at it!

Congratulations on making the BEST Decision of your Life!

Thomas3.20.2010

They ALL know!

xsaffron

You know inside, it is what you want, because it is the best gift you can give yourself. Stop the shame. Start living life anew, without smoking...I am in the same boat, I know we can do this! 

YoungAtHeart

Trust me - you fooled no one but yourself!  Isn't it surprising that, even though we were SO ashamed, we kept doing something that we also knew was bad for us?!

Addiction is a terrible thing.  I am so glad you have decided to start getting away from it!

Nancy

Silverstar

Hi, Rob1974, glad you are here!  Freedom from smoking is so many things, not the least a harmful addiction, but you will also be amazed at how much "free" time you'll have when you don't have to "freshen up" after each cigarette!  Don't quit on your Quit!

JonesCarpeDiem

Get a couple lemons to bite into if those cravings get serious!

JonesCarpeDiem

Actually one lemon is enough.

Once you bite into it during  a craving, you will never forget it.  🙂

Junior7

So glad you are here! 

RachelMB

Hi Rob-

Very glad you are here.  You are in a great place for support.  I carry straws with me and lollipops help too.  Reach out when you need us.  Remember you can do this!

Posamari

You can do it! Trust in yourself. You have a lot of support here. 

Posamari