cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Five Years Today

Barbscloud
7 16 285
Exers.  I am proudly celebrating 5 years smoke free today.   After 50 years and numerous attempts, I never thought  I would be here today.

Some of us  talk about quitters rewarding themselves by celebrating those milestones.   It's a great way to reinforce positive behavior.   Well I found my reward.  I waited year for a concert (The Killers) and then it was cancelled and I've waited another 6  months.   The concert is finally this Sunday.  I still save my smoking money and decided to celebrate my recent birthday and my 5 years by renting a chauffeured vehicle for the concert.  It will be a nice way to treat myself and I'm so looking forward to it.

I'm so happy I found the Ex a week prior to my quit date.  I learned so much about nicotine addiction and how to quit smoking and continue to learn more as  knowledge about addiction, NRT, etc., is ever changing.   
Our quits are unique, but we share  much in common.  Thanks to the Mayo Clinic for making this site available to us.  I know I couldn't have done it without the support of fellow quitters.   You know who you are, past and present - thank you. 
Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.
Barb
16 Comments