cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Five Days and Counting

quietkagome
0 7 29

Hello everyone who reads this blog post. I just wanted to share some things today. First off, I hope that everyone had a great thanksgiving, with lots of food, warmth, family and friend time, and laughter. If you were one of those that volunteered at a shelter or in an event to help feed the les fortunate, bless you, the only way to end some of these issues is to truly help one another. 

I was really blessed this year. I work at Wal-Mart as a manager and my black friday, as it is often called, went smoothly, very smoothly. I work in a neightborhood market now so we do not have to worry about the gm merchandise, huge crowds, and pick up afterwards as a supercenter was. We were busy through out the day, however, I was out of work at eleven thirty on thursday afternoon and I have had three relaxing days off to enjoy. That to me, makes me very grateful considering some of my friends that still work at the supercenter I used to work at, had to work through this entire week. 

So I previously wrote a post that I was looking into old hobbies and shared a post about some poems that I had personally wrote five year ago. Yesterday, I had a huge cleaning house day and decided to take a knack at my closet considering at this point, you couldn't walk into it. I pulled out my old drawing sketch pad, and thought mmm maybe I should draw again. I barely scratched the surface, last time I started. In fact, to be honest, my drawings were something a two year old would be extremely proud of, but you have to start somewhere. Also, I pulled out some books that were written by Michio Kaku. In case you do not know who that is, look him up. If you are into physics, he is excellent. I love his writing style. I was thinking about reading those books again. 

So my quit day is fast approaching. I am still nervous as I have said before however, I actually look to my two smoking groups, this one and quit.net because it reassures me that A LOT of people are and were like me and that there are people that are ready to give support and advice to you in case you need it. That means a lot. 

But today, laundry calls 😕 I hate laundry but I have to do it. Plus I did take advantage of the black friday deals so I cannot wait until my stuff comes in. It was all for work so I would look more professional. I hope everyone has a good day 🙂

-b

7 Comments
candylance

I like the way YOU look into the past to get ready for the future but are living in today!! That is so important, I think, in this, or any of the programs.........living in TODAY!! I think though that YOU have a hard NAME to go by. I wish YOU a blessed day as well. 

Candy   27    Days Of Freedom       Member since Feb., 2010

kristen-9-7-15

Whoooooo whooooooo!!! 5 more days!! You are so ready for it!

YoungAtHeart

I hope you are doing the reading we recommended?  If you read Allen Carr's book, I think you might get a bit excited about your quit day!

I LOVE that you are rediscovering things to do that you enjoy.  Getting your distracting stuff together is a great idea!

Glad you got some time off and used it productively.

Your journey to freedom begins in 5 days.  Hang on!

Nancy

joedice711

i know you can do it, you sound ready to roll...keep coming back..

sparky26

Very close now ,are you excited ? Nervous ?  Have you changed up your smoking patterns? Waited to smoke  ? If you used to smoke in your car ,did you clean it out , get rid of  the smell and make sure you have no hidden cigarettes in there. 

This site has been so vital to so many of us on our quit journey, i suggests to hang out here as much as you can in the beginning, if you feel tempted to to give in to your addiction ,please come here first and yell HELP , let us try to help you through it . You can do this .

tjanddj

Hi, I am so excited for you that you have chosen to quit. You will have a lot of support here to give you a hand so be sure to reach out for it. Do read Allen Carr's book it helped me tremendously.

TerrieQuit

Congratulations on 5 days!