Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

First vacation without smoking !

free2be2
0 10 77

Hi Ex community people! 

Today is 76 days of my quit! And it feels so natural not to smoke . Sometimes I wonder why I was smoking for so long!  So much better not smoking   But I probably wouldn't be successful without finding this site first., all the information,advice and tips I got here. Thank you guys who were here first guiding by your example and experience!

Just got back from my first vacation without smoking and,drinking. It was a luxurious tropical vacation at 5 star resort with bars and tropical drinks at every corner.  I didn't really have cravings before I got there  the first day at the resort I was flooded of memories of delicious tropical drink with a little minty cigaret after a little buzz. Lifetime of having a great time and a lot of fun while drinking and smoking. Huge wave of craving washed over me. I just remember laying in the cabana at the beach with a coconut non alcoholic drink feeling bummed and uncomfortable thinking how would I ever have fun on vacation. Then I remembered what I was reading on quitsmokingonline.com how to welcome and embrace the craving and started breathing deep and just feeling the craving and accepting it and I fell asleep. Woke up in a few min feeling so refreshed and knowing it's going to be alright. And it turned out to be a great vacation ! Next day we started with a morning jog through the jungle it was a hilly trail with big hills up and down and I realized that I can do other things that I hadn been able to do before on vacation because of drinking and smoking  . We did some jogging,hiking swimming and snorkeling in an ocean went to the gym. And we had some nice relaxing time too enjoying the most delicious smoothies. And great food. 

So I'm in a process of making new memories without cigarettes   I also always keep in mind that there is no such thing as just one cigarette! I'm a nicotine addict and will always be. But I can manage my addiction just for today and hopefully for the rest of my life. 

Thank you everyone for your contribution to this community. It definitely helps when you don't have to go through this alone. 

10 Comments