cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

First night on the site!!

sharon145
0 7 21

As an avid exerciser who smokes at least a pack a day, I want to quit. I want to be able to run and work out with out huffing and puffing and it limiting what I can do. I used to rarely smoke and be able to limit how much I did smoke. Now I smoke all the time and I don't know why. Half the time I do not even have cravings and I'm smoking. I honestly think that I would be a happier person if I did not smoke. Like everyone who quits says there is a sense of freedom. I am looking forward to that sense of freedom.
I want to be free from worrying about my vehicle smelling like smoke if my daughters friends are in it.
I want to be free from my jacket and coat reeking from smoke every morning.
I want to be free from the perfume I keep in my car so I don't smell like cigarettes.
I want to be free from worrying my clothes or breath does not smell like smoke.
I want to be free from stopping at the gas station once a day or every other day to buy a pack of cigarettes.
I want to be free and spend that money on something else I can enjoy.
I want to be free to not be scared that I will get sick and die from a smoking related disease. And that I will live to be a healthy older adult some day and enjoy my retirement.

I honestly do not know why I smoke. I really think it is a nasty habit.

7 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

the freedom is that your life is not run by thinking of when you can smoke next.

and trust me, ALL of our lives revolved around getting our fix. we just didn't

realize it

Thomas3.20.2010

You smoke because you are Addicted to Nicotine! Learn about Nicotine Addiction and you will understand better what it will take to gain your FREEDOM! We know how to do it and you can, too!

sharon145

Thanks guys! I am really hoping this site helps! The first time I was on here, I left and didn't even feel like I needed to smoke. If you all have any pointers, please let me know. Did you try any supplements or just quit cold turkey?

zinamarie

I came to this site in March of 2011 and set my quit for May of 2011.  I quit April 7th of 2011.  This site is amazing.  Once you can get freedom from the burden of those nasty things, exercise will seem like a summer breeze.  Protect Your Quit.

2012_is_for_me

You will be happier.  You will be healthier.  you will be able to continue to run and do it so much better.  You'll very soon be shocked that you ever made yourself  slow down and for what?  Good luck and keep posting. 

jack14

Welcome, you are in the right place.The bestadvice I have for you is to come as often as you can.

Connie55

Hi Sharon,

I now go to the gym 3-4 times a week for 1.5 hours each time and having a hard time trying to work up a sweat and get my heart rate up for carido exercise!  I was a smoker for 32+ years and have been quit for only 84 days. The health improvements are realized pretty quickly after quitting. I am going to give you the link here to Allen Carr's book called the Easy Way to Quit Smoking. Please read it because you need to really understand this addiction to be able to beat it for good. Come here often and blog, read, and learn. We'll show you the way.

http://joga.365.lt/Allen-Carr_Easy-Way-To-Stop-Smoking_Download-free-PDF-EBook