cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

First day without vaping!

Francis
4 8 174

So the hardest part is done, deciding that today is my first day without vaping and leaving home without my vape!  I have my lozenges and they takes horrible but hope they help with the cravings, needing words of encouragement please 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 I know I can do this, I can and I will!!!! Happy to be here 🙂 

8 Comments
MichelleDiane

Hi @Francis .  Great attitude.  Just take it one day at a time.  If need be, take it one hour at a time.  Yes you can do this 😊

AnnetteMM

Wonderful!! Now, when you get home, throw all the vaping equipment OUT. All the batteries, chargers, pods...all of it.

I personally couldn't tolerate any NRT (lozenges or patches, etc.) so I got myself Twizzlers and Tootsie Pops for the oral satisfaction and sugar. Addicts need sugar sometimes! It absolutely helps.

Read everything you can on this site and come here daily for support. And Welcome!!

tracy0924

@Francis Good job, you have made the decision!  And yes! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!  I hope you have put a plan together and concentrated on your triggers and alternatives to vaping. Those will be very important in the beginning. You will likely need to change all of your routines up in the beginning so that you are not doing things or going to areas that you associate with vaping.

I hope that before you left home you got rid of all of your vaping tools!  Throw those darn things away! You don’t want them anywhere around where they can tempt you! If you haven’t done so already, make sure that you read on the site about nicotine addiction and the affect that it has on your brain. Knowledge is power! Power over the nasty nicotine addiction!

Stay close to the site during the beginning. Post often in the beginning and let us know how you are doing. We are here to support you, and if you find yourself in a weak moment, POST FIRST,  so that we can talk you off the ledge! I had many of those moments and still do… And this community is wonderful about being there and making sure that they are supportive of new quitters on the journey! So post often, and do not Vape!

I look forward to seeing many more posts from you. YOU ARE DOING THIS!  Yay‼️

Tracy 109DOF (days of freedom!)💕🤗

YoungAtHeart

Stay busy!

Still take a break at work  but a brisk walk instead of a pull on a vape!

Change up your routines!

Sip from a cold bottle of water!

Take slow/deep breaths when a crave hits, get busy and then only use a lozenge as a last resort!

Tell yourself you are doing this because you want to do it.  Don't let the feeling of a need to vape roll around in your brain unchallenged.  Take slow/deep breaths, sip water, get busy!

Can't WAIT to celebrate DAY WON with you this evening!

sweetplt

Hi @Francis yeah to you…Make Day 1 .. Day Won…!

You can do this, keep busy, drink lots of water, and keep close to the support site.  We are here to help.

Colleen 1134 DOF

Barbscloud

@Francis Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your first day vape free.   So glad you took the first step by making the commitment.   If you're able, walking is a great way to refocus your thinking and it also helps replace lost dopamine from the lack of nicotine.

Wishing you the best and reach out anytime you need support.

Barb  

Linda239

Just keep doing what you are doing and just remember what is possible down the line.  You CAN do this.  If an urge quits always say "I don't do that any more" and mean it.  The urge will go away in no time and as time goes by the urges are less and less.  You got this!

maryfreecig

Welcome to becomeanEx! Take it one day at a time. One step at a time. Yes you can do this.