cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

First day of my quit.

erma2
0 6 14

Good morning everyone. Just woke up a little while ago . had breakfast put my patch on. So far so good. But it is just the start of the day  right? I am in a more positive mood now since i am feeling better so that is really good. and there is no tobbacco in the house at all. ashtrays are put up. cigarette cases are gone . my house is clean. Now i have to stay clean.No one said it would be easy . But it will be well worth it to me. Well I will check in tonight or as needed. Have a nice day everyone.

6 Comments
Junior7

Congrats on your quit day!  Stay close to this site!  We are cheering for you!

katebw

Congrats, Erma!!! This is the best decision you'll ever make. You did it! And you CAN do it!

I'm not quite a week in to my quit, and every day just makes me happier about it. You're a rock star!

Stick close the boards - they're a lifeline, whenever you need it. The outpouring of love and support here is awesome.

Welcome welcome welcome and hurray for you!

- Kate

kate106

Congratulations, you can do this...I did it, and I was smoking 2 packs a day! I was so stressed out when I found out I had cancer you wouldn't believe, but giving up my blanket (smokes) just wasn't gonna happen. Then I came to this cite, they insisted I set a quit date and I did. My kids were nagging me, my parents, everyone, so I did it. I am 13 days now. I'm 13 day quit and I have to do it!! NOPE, 

You CAN do this. I cut up vegies and chewed on them the first week, and it really helped me. We are all here to help you and give you advice.. Congratulations....

elvan

Hang in there Erma, you can make it, you know that this is really no longer just a choice...you have to remind yourself of that along the way.  

flick123-2

Today is my quit day too. It's hard but staying busy and distracted really helps. Luckily the day is flying by at work. 🙂 We can do this!!!

erma2

Yes we can do this . I have no choice in the matter any more. It is mid day and i am doing really well. keeping busy. I will check in later on tonight too..Thanks everyone.