cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

First day as An Ex-smoker

sharon133
0 8 8

I have not had a smoke for almost 24 hrs. now. This is the first 24 hrs of my new life. It has been hard at times but i have just relaxed at home had no pressure today, i'm sure that helped. I'm off work this weekend. Trying to stay in the now and not worry about whats's coming up. I've been working on just getting through the next hour.

I've started my cleanse and been drinking my juice and taking vit c. Snacked on some pretzels and had a kit kat bar. Was starving by dinner. Made Home made tostadas, shells and all. It was very good. The hardest times for me are after i eat. So i sat outside and watched nature for 10 minutes or so and that seemed to help. My husband wants to take me out for breakfast in the morning, feeling alittle nervous about it but have to face the world , might as well start with breakfast.

Thanks again for all your thoughts, suggestions and well wishes.

Sharon

8 Comments
Julia_Amy

Welcome Sharon!  Sounds like you're doing well so far!  Attitude is SO important.  You'll be hearing from some great people soon who will give you the name of sites to check out.  You really hsve come to the right place!  Come everyday and read up as storm!   

loveoflyfe43

Welcome Sharon! you're doing great! Having the support of family and friends is very important.  Come here everyday, there are some great cheerleaders!! You can do it! Onward and Upward! 

laura132

DEAR SHARON

WELCOME TO THE SITE AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR QUIT. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND WAIT ON THAT BREAKFAST INVITE. ITS GOOD TO GET A FEW WEEKS UNDER OUR BELT BEFORE YOU START FREQUENTING THE PLACES YOU ONCE SMOKED AT. JUST LOOKING OUT FOR YOUR BEST INTERESTS. YOUVE MADE THE DECISION TO QUIT...ITS NOT TO BE TAKEN LIGHTLY. ONE DAY AT A TIME YOU WILL PROTECT YOUR QUIT WITH YOUR LIFE.THIS WAS YOUR DECISION. DONT LET YOURSELF DOWN. FOLLOW IT THROUGH. YOU HAVE PLENTY OF SUPPORT BEHIND YA. BLOG... WAIT 10 MINUTES AND YOU'LL HAVE ALL THE SUPPORT YOU NEED!

EllenMT

Welcome, I hope you take the opportunity to download and read the book by Allen Carr.  It helped me and many many many others.  Also whyquit.com and quitsmokingonline.com.  This is so easy once you read and understand this addiction.

Allen Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking http://digg.com/news/lifestyle/Allen_Carr_s_Easy_Way_To_Stop_S...

family-first

Excellent job on day one of becoming smoke-fee! Keep up the good work! Enjoy day 2!!!

lynette9

I hear some "white-knuckling" in your blog...

It gets easier. We PROMISE. Just say N.O.P.E.

Not One Puff Ever

W.I.T. Whatever It Takes - Use your wits!!!!

Come here and blog if you ever feel tempted. Write "Help" in the subject line, You'll get plenty of responses! Wait a few minutes, tho.

ldl

"Blog, Blog, Blog, beat a pillow, scream at the top of your lungs, drink lots and lots of ice water, no sugar, caffaine, white foods for 2 weeks. It worked for me....

Strudel

Congrats to you! You are doing fine. Be sure to stay close!