cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

First couple days of my Quit Journey

mmuckey1
5 10 150

Honestly, I slept most of the first day I quit. I ran out of my pod Sunday night and then went to bed and said I was done. Monday I had a meeting and then I slept from 3:45pm til 9am Tuesday morning. I worked out and felt better Tuesday. Wednesday I felt more irritated and came home craving nicotine and instead bought candy and binged tv to avoid the feelings. Today was better in the AM with the cravings starting more in the afternoon and evening. My thoughts still keep going back to, just go buy some pods we’ll start this quit journey later…but dude that’s a lie and I know it. I’m addicted to smoking/vaping. The chemicals bring me a high that makes me feel good in the moment but then make me more anxious and constantly wanting more more more. They make it harder to breathe and then make my workouts seem impossible. I’m trying to keep finding substitutes to keep busy and fight off cravings. Candy (not a long term solution) working out, chewing gum, chewing straws, water, walking, meditation, anything that’s easy and doesn’t take too much thought. I feel like the cravings will keep getting less and less. The first 3 days are always the hardest and then it’s just beating my mind games and not smoking when I’m around others who are smoking. It’s a big trigger for me for sure. I try to envision what a life without smoking/vaping would look like. I think this would be a good thing to take time to think about.

10 Comments