cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

First celebration:

maxsmiles
0 7 22

Yesterday was my eighth day off the smokes.  I noticed that I had to work harder on my stationary bike to get my heart rate up. I was able to take deeper breaths.  I wasn't sure I would see improvements at least so soon.  Our body is a miracle.  Today I will lift some weights and hope to notice the same things.  My wife and I went out to dinner last night.  Just kind of a small celebration.  It was nice.  We laughed a lot and had fun.  She made brownies later that evening.  So good.  I decided to give myself an extra $1.50 for each day off the smokes.  So I will get an extra $45 a month spending power each month.  That will be fun.  My wife will get the same increase.  She likes that.  Pay for the brownies.  I got to say I feel good going into day 9.  I appreciate everyones support. Trust you all will have a peaceful and happy holiday.  Peace. 

g

7 Comments
coug

wow max your doing great! Great idea to reward your self with the money you save from not smoking.I save roughly 10.00 a day so I take myself to lunch everyday lol Keep up the good work!

N.O.P.E

fishrmann

Awesome job! Yes, it IS incredible how the body recovers and strengthens. Since my quit I've now run two half marathons and am ready to sign up for a full 26.2!! Life as a non-smoker has many many rewards - enjoy each and every one and keep it up! You are well on your way at this point!!!!!

caribegal1

Way to go, Max!  I like the idea of rewarding yourself AND your wife!  I'm planning on doing that myself.  Keep on, keeping on!  A BIG CONGRATULATIIONS!

shill57957

Congratulations on day 9.  Keep it going and remember NOPE.  Not One Puff Ever.

Strudel

Congrats on 9 days! Love the "pay for the brownies" idea!!

family-first

Great job on 9 days! You keep going!

SaraSmile

CONGRATULATIONS on 9 DAYS Max!  You are doing sooooo good!  I wish we lived closer so I could celebrate w/you in PERSON!  xoxo ~ Sara