cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

First Time Without Smoking

Kathryn16
0 11 3

Well, when I got home from work today I read an email that a really good friend of mine died. I think people should call you personally with that stuff, whatever. But this is the first time I am truly grieving about a death without smoking. Death was usually a hard core smoke fit. Like 2 packs in one day. Now I see the connection between smoking and death.  It kills you. I am sad, but I will not smoke. Kathryn

11 Comments
deeg46

Sorry about your loss Kathryn....stay strong, we are all here to help.  🙂

BobbyMaynard

Very sorry about the loss of your friend Kathryn but I am very happy that even in a time of grief you chose to celebrate life by not smoking.

lisa11209

Hi Kathryn, so sorry for your loss.  Regards, Lisa  (not smoking is a great plan!)

KatherineF

So sorry for your loss.  I know what you mean about wanting to be told in person.  Death of a friend is so personal.  Congratulations on remaining smoke-free.

Strudel

Oh Kathryn I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. This journey is all about handling life - and death - in a new way. You've been doing that....and I am so glad you know now that you will not smoke - even in this tough time.  Please take care and congrats to you! 

Ex_Nancy

Ooh Kathyrn, so sorry to hear a really good friend of yours died...YES they should call you with that stuff, but honestly, going thru it all last July with a family member, I can see why some people handle the news in an email way at first...it is much  easier  on the notifier and often the spouse,etc, doesn't want to  deal with it, cuz they are incapable..... they just want some peace and quiet...BELIEVE ME...but after that they will  get in touch with you properly...And no, when my uncle died last month, I didn't think of smoking at all....smoking leaves a LOT of ( DIS-EASE) hanging around...not a smoke fit at all...Prayers up for you Kathryn....xoxo    Nancy

owlfeather

I am sooooo sorry.  Yes, it should have been in person.   So very sorry.  I am proud of you for keeping your quit, cigs do kill.  Honoring yourself and your life, Katheryine.  Good for you, allowing yourself to feel, no matter how much it hurts.   Prayers coming your way girl.  

Owl 

N.O.P.E.

N.E.F.

jawidge

I am sorry for your loss, however I am much pleased that you have identified  the connection between smoking and death.  Take care of yourself,, there are people counting on you .   You can feel this.. all of it, and then you can go on. 

bella65

so sorry about your friend.dear and good job protecting your quit

summer-07-06-15

I'm so sorry about your friend, keep on protecting your quit and be there for those who need you

SaraSmile

Oh Kathryn, so very sorry to hear this.  Prayers for you and your friends family on the way.  I'm glad you're not going to smoke over it.  You passed one of the BIGGEST tests there are, good for you!   I love my quit buddy!