cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

First Time Post

debfaz65
3 10 271

Hi. I’m Debbie and joined yesterday. I’m 67 and have been a smoker for 51 years.  I have lost count how many times I’ve tried to quit and just about every means available except online support. The longest I’ve ever been successful was 1 month.  Maybe I’ve never really been 100% committed and keep hoping for the silver bullet which truthfully I know will never come.  In the past 7 years I’ve had 2 heart attacks but I can no longer ignore the ugly reality of smoking.  I now have to use a portable oxygen concentrator whenever I exert myself.  I have COPD which to me sounds a little less embarrassing than admitting I have emphysema. How can a person be intelligent and stupid at the same time?  I am tired of being tired. I am tired of the daily negative talks beating and chastising myself. I am tired of the craziness of smoking a cigarette and 10 minutes later needing to grab the oxygen. I’m tired of being ashamed of my weakness/addiction. I don’t want my death to finally be the way I quit. I’m hoping this site, with new insights and encouragement from others, will help in my quit journey and pray the Lord will provide me the ability to finally overcome this stronghold.  

10 Comments