Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

First Holiday Smoke Free

jbliesmer
3 7 89

Week three is toast. 

I have had a few "firsts" since I quit smoking. Tough things (not earth shattering, but personally difficult) and I did them all smoke free.

First of all, Mother's day is not a happy day for me. Mother's Day was the last time I talked to my Dad, 11 years ago. Two days after Mother's Day he passed unexpectedly in the night. Mother's Day was the last time I spoke to my mom. She passed away unexpectedly last year. I dread Mother's Day, for those who are missing and even more now that I don't have a Mother.

But I did it. I got up, I had a good day. I went for a nice long run. And I survived it. And I did it without smoking.

This past weekend (Memorial Day in the U.S.) our local CrossFit box performed the MURPH Challenge. 
Murph is a workout named after Lt. Michael Murphy was died in Afghanistan in 2005. 

You perform the following:
Run 1 mile

Do:
100 pull ups

200 push ups

300 squats

Run 1 mile

I cannot begin to explain what an accomplishment this was! 

~Jaime

24 DOF

7 Comments
YoungAtHeart

You did ALL that?  No explanation needed....you are WOMAN - and I hear you ROAR!!!

😉

JonesCarpeDiem

WOO HOO!!

Giulia

elvan

jbliesmer I am so proud of you Jaime, I am sure everyone who reads this is in awe.   I am so sorry for the sad memories around Mother's Day but you are making NEW smoke free memories and you really are AMAZING!

Ellen

Strudel

Wow - that is quite the workout! Congrats on your wonderful quit Jaime! (I am so sorry about the loss of your dad and mom.) 

gardenancy8

sending big hugs to you friend!  Congrats on 3 weeks free of the poison! 

ljguptill

I am inspired by you!