cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

First Blog of the Year

CrazyQuitter
1 1 119

Hope you all had a splendid Christmas and New Year! I know I did. I spent Christmas lunch with my parents and also dinner for years with my parents, came home for the 12am fireworks. Now, I can finally cut back how often I drink. So far it's been 2 days without a drop. My mind is learning to be switched on and cope again and even though I get urges almost as much as I used to get cravings to smoke I have been able to be strong enough to bypass the first day. The second day got easier.

I am not encouraging anything. But I think that Smoking and alcohol would make a cute couple. You forget that they have a lot on common.  There is an alcoholic mind and a smoke-aholic mind. My alcohol mind wants just one drink. Were as my sobriety  tells otherwise and knows the reality that I may not have enough control. A smoker-holic's mind might say the same thing. Just one. But the smobriety knows that in it's early days that is is not a good idea. Willpower and not really wanting to do something that no longer serves purpose to you comes with really not wanting it. Remember this. Smobriety and Sobriety can be more powerful than the opposite. 

One of my long term friends smoked for 16 years and has just started his journey so he can afford a high performance laptop and maybe even his first home. He has been 15 days smober! I couldn't be anymore proud! I am supporting him and rooting for him all the way!

I am still smoke free in 2022. I should be coming up to 9 years soon!

Feeling positive right now. I love you all!

1 Comment
About the Author
I first started smoking in around 2008 after a horrendous break up. I don't know why I did in the first place. I resent this decision to this date. Now I am free and continue to stay off the cigs! I currently work as a kitchenhand and write music!