cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Finally made it through the first year-no slips-no restarts-100% Smoke free!

amanda30
2 15 15

I had the email pop in from Ex, and I smiled and how encouragin this site was when I wanted to quit, or was struggling with one of my many quit attempts.  It hadn't crossed my mind much in this last year, but as the email popped up, I read some of the attempts people were going through.

One, that reminds me of what I used to worry with, stated the person was quit a long time, but still thought about smoking all the time. I found that discouraging, and chose to write this to be the contridiction to those statements.

I know when I was early quittting, when I read I would always think about or want one I thought-then why bother! If this nagging never goes away!  But my point is-it does!!  

A year later, every once in a great while, something will remind me of an old smoking memory, but I don't miss them or want one.  I feel pride and relief that I don't have to depend on them or need them anymore.  

It took many attmepts, and a lot of time, but that mind set will come!  Hang in there! 

Many quit attempts through the years, can finally say-I made it and you can too! 

15 Comments