cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Finally committed

enigmatik2
2 9 23

It seems like I've spent most of this year wanting - and not wanting - to stop smoking.  Back and forth, back and forth.  Quit for 15 days in July but that was it.  Kept saying I wanted to quit - until the cravings got bad then I wanted to smoke.  I finally made a decision.  I'm a non-smoker now and I'm not going back to smoking no matter what.  I don't even want to, which is a huge improvement.  Today is my third day smoke free.  The first two days were really tough but I didn't cave.  Today I'm fine and I swear I'll never pick up another cigarette again no matter what happens.  I drew the line and stepped over it.  I am fully committed to remaining a non-smoker.  It took me forever to get here, but having finally made a decision is freedom.  So tired of all that back and forth (I want to - I don't want to).  I come here and read every day and take inspiration from all the quitters.  I had two full packs of cigarettes left and I threw them away.  It was hard to throw away $14.50 but so worth it!

9 Comments
About the Author
I'm 47 and live in NE Ohio. I smoked for 23 years. I quit on Dec. 19, 2016. I don't really want to quit because I love smoking. Love the smell, the taste, the act. But it's too expensive and it's bad for you so I'm quitting anyway even though I don't really want to. Just gotta do it anyway.