cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Feening for nicotine, settling for.. sunflower seeds?

Ngerry19
6 6 634

Bigs. Zest Ranch specifically. I quit puffing on 12/10 (one month clean today), and I immediately went to the store and bought out Bigs zesty ranch flavored sunflower seeds. My friend said “Don’t sunflower seeds just have a little bit of nicotine in them?” 

I am not the kind of person that looks at the nutrition labels, tracks calories, or even works out really. I had no clue if I was ingesting nicotine in a different way so I looked it up.

It turns out, sunflower seeds do *not* have nicotine in them. They do, however mimic the effects of nicotine in your brain without the addictive chemical. They also helped me with the oral fixation that comes with puffing. 

Right now, I’ll use every tool I have!

6 Comments
Linda239

Glad you checked the label.  I had never heard of that, but you never know.  Sounds like you have a good method for your quit.  Be very proud of yourself.

Donjeff-000

What a great idea! They will keep both your hands and mouth busy for hour's. Keep up the good work. 👏👏👏

Barbscloud

@Ngerry19 Big congrats on 1 month nicotine free today.   That's a fabulous achievement on your journey.  I'm glad you found a craving buster that works for you.

Who's your fury friend?

Barb

YoungAtHeart

Welcome!  Good to see you.  Who gnu download.jpg that about sunflower seeds?   Great tip - thanks for sharing it!

Congratulations on a month!  Keep going!

Nancy

sweetplt

Great Job…never heard that sunflower seeds have nicotine…glad you found out the truth, they do not have nicotine.  I have a friend who quit smoking years ago…and she swears it was her eating sunflower seeds.  Keep up the great work…

Congratulations on 1 month of Freedom ~ Colleen 1134 DOF

pastedImage_1.gif

DavesTime

Congratulations on your quit! I also used sunflower seeds occasionally when I was really craving in those first few days and weeks. I found they really helped with the oral fixation thing. I bought the shelled ones so I didn't have to deal with the empty shells. You have a great start to being healthier and free!

Dave - 1217 Days of Freedom