cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Feeling overwhelmed

LouiseR
0 21 136

Feeling a bit overwhelmed these days.  My 52 year old mentally ill brother who I am the legal guardian of is being admitted to the hospital tomorrow(pych ward) because he is struggling with his meds and they need to try and find a different combination.  My parents are 85 and 84 and my Mom is going down hill fast with dementia and my Dad can no longer take care of her but won't let us put her in assisted living.  My brother in law was diagnosed yesterday with bladder cancer and I just got a call from my sister that my Uncle who is 64 has throat cancer(he quit smoking 25 years ago).

I will not smoke over any of this because I know smoking wouldn't help a darn thing. 

Prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you my Ex Family for letting me vent!

21 Comments
candylance

Oh, Louise, you surely do have a full plate. I will pray for YOU, my faithful friend, AND your family on an hourly basis. We know that God hears our prayers and gives us intuition to guide us. I love you, Louise, and have faith that you will get to the other side of this smoke free.

I thought that I would let you know that the blogs are down for a lot of people right now, and I hope that hundreds of people's prayers will be heard. Never give up.

Candy      d190

mary242

Prayers on the way!! Stay strong and dont forget that smoking will only make things worse, not better. Take care.Keep us posted on the situation.

ninepatch

My prayers are with you and your family.  May God bless you with strength and understanding.  Hang in there on your quit.  Don't forget to take care of you.

cyn9

O boy. You are having some trying times! I will be praying for you and your family.  You are strong and will get through all this. Big HUG!

cyn9

Ms.J_11-10-2013

Dear Louise- lots and lots of prayers comming your way.  You are an awesomly strong woman and I admire you so much!!!!

((((((Gentle Hugs)))))))))))

Ms. "J"

Jenn_06-03-14

Praying for you!!!  You have a lot going on right now!  Take a deep breath and hang in there!

capitalDistrict

you've got my thoughts and prayers.  those around you are so lucky to have such a strong and supportive person on their side.

Chuck-2-20-2011

Sometimes when it rains, it pours I guess! So glad you're staying strong. Prayers your way of course!

YoungAtHeart

I am so sorry you are having to go through all of these trials.  There is a saying that that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger.  I remember one point in my life when I told God I was strong ENOUGH --- but I was mistaken.

Hang in there - and blog "HELP" anytime you need it!

Hugs to you and yours,

Nancy

JonesCarpeDiem

Hugs!

The up and down cycle of living.

LouiseR

Thanks everyone for your kind words and prayers.  Dale you are so right, these are the up and down cycles of living. 

Wanda45

Prayers for you and family

(((Hugs)))

Wanda

Polynha

I am so sorry that you are going through so much Louise. You are in my prayers. Stay strong!

lindan_7-14-10

Keeping you in thought, Louise♥

smorgy8513

Louise, I am so sorry to hear of all that is going on around you right now.     Please take a moment (or 2) for yourself and breathe!      God is breathing on you and will continue to hold you and yours in His hand.

Prayers for all at this time.

Sharon

joyeuxencore

So sorry Louise...I am glad you came to vent...We are here for you! xo

cloud51

You and your family are in my prayers, all the decisions you have to make, that in itself is so hard. Glad you are not using this as a excuse to smoke, you are the person to look to as an example of stress and not using it to smoke, what a great example you are for us all

Jordan-11-1-12

Prayers for you and your family. ... Remember to keep taking care of yourself!

Strudel

Oh my.....so many challenges....I am so sorry. I am sending prayers Louise. Congrats on continuing to protect your quit! 

Magstoyou

So sorry Louise for all that is going on in your life!!! Prayers coming your way!!!

Love and Huggs Mag246d