cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Feeling on edge. Of course.

amandajm
0 6 8

First of all, thank you so much for all the comments and support!

It's here, day 1. I''ve only been awake for 2 hours. Wearing the patch. Didn't have that mornin, wake up smoke.

I feel on edge, not really craving too bad, but an overall edgy, anxious type feeling. It suuuucks. But I can handle it.

I didn't feel exactly like this when I quit before. I got cravings that would make me anxious, but this steady on edge feeling? Not so much. I hope it goes away. I can ride out the cravings, I'm sure. This is so... constant!

It's different from the craving, you know? I wonder if it's the patch or if it is just part of the process. Ugggh.

It's ok though, I know I will be experiencing a lot of feelings, that I will just have to deal with.

Today we are going to the movies, to take my daughter to see Alice in Wonderland. This is good, distracting and you can't smoke in movie theatres! Trying to decide what else to do with the day to keep myself busy. I might go to the gym and hop on treadmill for a while.

Looking forward to tomorrow, I will keep busy all day doing laundry and cleaning, and then a sushi dinner with a friend (who isn't a smoker!!) and my cardio kickboxing class.

Ok, well I haven't had a smoke since 11:30 last night. So, yay me. Small victories! 🙂

6 Comments