cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Feeling down

vanlil
0 15 249

Today is day 229 of quitting cigarettes.  I think I am having an "emotional hangover" now that the Christmas Crazies and all the houseguests in Dec. through Jan.Also have presented 2 concerts in Key West with 4 to go for the Classical Concerts the organization I belong to for this 2017 Concert Season.  I am tired and not passionate about my life today.  That is why I think I am having the "downer" feeling.  Gratefully I do not want to smoke - just a weird (not me) feeling.

I am not pushing myself - but finding it strange. 

Lillian  229 dof

15 Comments
Jennifer-Quit

Oh dear, I have those off days too!  Why not treat yourself to a little something special?  You deserve it - 229 days!

elvan

Same kind of day here, at least this morning.  I seriously could not stop crying and could not put my finger on exactly what was going on.  I got back from vacation a week and a day ago, I am still trying to reorganize things, I think it's a letdown thing and decided to get some laundry done and work out and figure out some creative outlet.  I am much better now than I was this morning.  Let's face it, there are always going to be days that are harder than others.  At least we don't smoke and that's a LOT to celebrate and be grateful for!

YoungAtHeart

i recommend chocolate.

(of course, I recommend chocolate to fix most problems in life!!!)

Hope tomorrow is better!

Nancy

MarilynH

Hug......

JACKIE1-25-15

This too shall pass, not matter what do Not Smoke  NOPE

MarilynH

I've been having some off days lately myself and I'm not sure what's causing it other than I might be getting tired of winter and want to see the snow gone and warmer Temps, I like Nancy's idea about chocolate!

Strudel

So sorry for the off day - be sure to take good care of yourself! Congrats on your great quit Lillian! 

ShawnP

I hope your day brightened up.. are any of these concerts by sunset pier? I watch Robert Albury sometimes.

vanlil

No we present our concerts at St. Paul's Church on Duval Street.  It looks like a white Cathedral.  We put up a stage in front of the High Alter.  Seats 400 people.  Thanks for the cheering up too.

Lillian

ShawnP

tomorrow is a new day!!

TerrieQuit

Congratulations on 229 days, Lillian! I call those my blue days! Feel better, Girlfriend!  ~Terrie~

bonniebee

January and February are my most difficult months maybe even in  the sunny "paradise "  of Key West the winter time blues can happen ! Jackie is right This too shall pass .......................

I think it is nice that we can have down days  without smoking our heads off ! That is a plus Right ?

Take some time for yourself go to the ocean  Lilly .....Oh how I miss the ocean sunset Key West 2016.jpgYou know I am an Islander too and I feel like a fish out of water up here in the mountains ! This is a sunset in Key West !

Giulia

Sounds from your very self-examined description of what you're going through today that your lack of passion is just - a lack of passion for today.  For it's pretty obvious that you are a VERY passionate person.  Sometimes we need to experience a lack of passion to understand and regenerate our passion. If that makes any sense.  There need to be resting times in order to regenerate our batteries.  

The "strange" can come upon us at any time during our journeys.  When we get more acquainted with the "stranger," the more comfortable we feel with them.  And in this case, who is the stranger but YOU in another guise along your quit journey.  Just a passing thought here late at night....

c2q

If ever there was a ever a spot to be rescued from, it is 7 - 8 months into a quit. Who better to stage such a venture than you? 

Plus, there is nothing more gray than a day in February. Paint a wall. That always works for me.

crazymama_Lori

you know, for me, when I was happy, things were going my way, it was a great day, I never smoked much those days.  When it was gloomy, everything was going wrong, I chain smoked.  My way of just not accepting it's just a bad day, tomorrow will be better, this will not last forever.  I know now when I get that way, I find something that I know makes me smile, a video, a song.  If artistic, paint.  if musical, compose your own music.  dance, dance, dance.  Those gloomy days come and I just chalk it up to just another day.  Plus all the hustle and bustle at your house left.  Plan a day trip.  Go to botanical gardens, museum, art gallery, a long candle lit bath....... I think you see where I'm going with this

About the Author
I appreciate growing older gracefully and grateful that I am still "with it" at my age. Teach palates 3 X's a week and long time Pres. and Past Pres. of a Classical Concert Group. Going to be 81 July 3, 2017.