cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Feeling Blah ....

OBLENESS74
0 10 130

Ive been doing so so well and today I feel the URGES like bad. Its been 2 weeks and 3 days and like I'm seriously depressed, been staying to myself and I just don't feel myself. I keep  remaining POSITIVE and know tht I CAN AND WILL DO THIS AND BEAT THIS !!!!!!!!!!!! I have picked up more exercise and drinking water water and more water. I know this is physchological and it will pass, Just had to vent everyone....HOORAY for my 17 days of freedom but oh its kicking my ass today lol

10 Comments
Giulia

Just don't let it kick your ass to the nearest cigarette store!  Keep reminding yourself that YOU'RE in charge not the NicoDude.  Are you getting yourself up and out?  If not, DO.  Don't sit there dwelling in the well of smokey thoughts.  They will drown you if you let them.  

Yes, it IS just psychological and ....

YoungAtHeart

The blahs are TOTALLY expected in the early days of your quit.  Get some dopamine ANOTHER way...listen to your favorite music, maybe even get up and dance to it, march in place  go for a brisk walk, or do some jumping jacks, or eat a bit of chocolate.  This takes some effort, but you will feel better - I promise!

Nancy

maryfreecig

Glad you brought your urges here instead of just keeping them to yourself. Way to go. Keep working it just one day at a time.

OBLENESS74

Thank you so much I appreciate that and yes I have been out and going to the river walking and staying active....I refuse to cave in, THAQNK YOU AGAIN

OBLENESS74

Thank you Nancy

OBLENESS74

I am , and thank you

OBLENESS74

Thanks everyone for your support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mandolinrain

You just kick those thoughts right back in the Ass! WOO-HOO, your doing this!

Congrats!!!

elvan

OBLENESS74  Sorry I did not see this until now, I had to work today and it kicked my butt so I sort of collapsed when I got home.  I was wondering about you but thought you were recovering from being sick.  Be gentle with yourself as far as your feelings but be FIRM with yourself about being an EX.  It WILL get better, it is a journey and, as you know, there are sometimes bumps in the road.  One day at a time, one minute when necessary.  Love that you are walking and getting out.  

I KNOW you can do this.  How are your blood sugars and how is your diet?  

XOXO,

Ellen

JonesCarpeDiem

About the Author
My name is Lisa and I'm 42 years old. I started smoking as an adult(in my 30's). Two years ago, I quit and like a dumbass I started again a year ago (sighs)! I'm a diabetic (6years) and on 4 oral medications! I lost my father(my only parent) at the young age of 55 from heart problems which I know the raw truth is from smoking.