Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Feeling Angry

wanttoquit21
0 9 25

Hi Everyone!

I am day 9 of my quit. So far I have been doing really well, until today. I didn't smoke but i feel this anger in me. I had a rough morning leaving for work, since i am outgrowing my clothes ( I m 20 weeks pregant) and finding it hard to find things to wear, making me late. Then, the road rage on my way ihto work was like nothing i have ever felt before! I hate this part of me! I have quit unsuccessfully many many many times prio, but have never felt this before. I was doing deep breathing in car and that helped, but i would rather have it not come back at all. I have also been having negative thoughts about my husband, who i love deeply, and would normally never think these things about him. Please help! How long does this last?

thanks!

9 Comments
Courage

I don't think this can all be blamed on the quit, your body is changing to accommodate the beautiful life that is growing within you which makes your hormones out of  control. You should be reading what expect while you're expecting as well.

Hang tight, this too shall pass.

kristine5-27-14

Courage is right. Hormones prolly have a lot to do with it, but I also struggled with anger the first couple weeks of my quit. (I kinda felt like ripping peoples' heads off and dancing on their graves...*sigh* not a proud moment for me)  I did get thru it and eventually had to appologize to, and thank my family for their patience during that time. Humor helps. (I love how people in this community have such a great sense of humor!) I googled memes, read the comics, and anything else just to laugh and relax a bit. And keep in mind that your mind is trying to find new ways to cope with stress and frustration. It's used to relying on the pattern of stress>nicotine fix>relax.  You will have to actively develop new coping methods that work for you.  My heart goes out to you! Send out the SOS here when you feel overwhelmed, and know that we are here, cheering you on!

LouiseR

What you are feeling normal.  The first 2 to 3 weeks of quitting are like being on  a roller coaster, lots of up and downs.  Drink lots of water and keep doing the slow deep breathing.  Congrats on 20 weeks pregnant!

cookie804

You did right coming here for support. I am 11 days smoke free and I have some of the same feeling. Can you find some sugar free candy to suck on. that helped me a lot and drinking plenty of fluids. Stay on this site as much as you can. I know my new found family has been a life saver for me.

God bless

Carolyn

summer-07-06-15

You are in the mist of nicotine withdrawal and emotional upheval of pregnancy. Yes this will come even if you weren't smoking. You will get thru this. Think about this way, Its better to go thru this while you are pregnant rather than when you have the baby.  Also talk to your Dr. about what you are going thru so they can help you.

Hello My Baby

wanttoquit21

Thanks everyone! This is exactly why i LOVE this site. Thanks for the photo Summer, that made my day:)

stmand92

YOu will get through this, think happy thoughts. I know sometimes it is hard to push the negative aside but you feel a lot better when you do. Stay strong!

elvan

Oh my, the raging hormones AND the raging quitmones...I felt both when I quit with each of my pregnancies.  The rage from the quit I felt this time and I am well past hormonal rage but it was just feelings surfacing that needed to come out.  It is so vital to your health and the health of your baby to get through this...one day at a time.  Congratulations on the baby AND the baby quit.

Jennifer-Quit

Several times in the first few weeks of my quit - I got so very angry that it scared me - so I suppose that it is normal and it will pass - lol  Congratulations on your new baby - you are doing a wonderful thing for both you and your baby by quitting!