Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Fantasy Land????

shill57957
0 14 18

Smoking 

Fantasy versus Reality

FANTASY - Sitting in your favorite spot, you light up that cigarette and smoke it.  You are smiling and happy.  You enjoy each drag you take.  I am back with my best friend.  I love smoking.

REALITY -  Every thirty minutes to two hours you have to stop what you are doing and light up a cigarette.  You rush out of work to have one, you rush out of a store to have one.  You cant barely wait for a movie to be over so you can get outside to have one.  There is no way you could ever take a plane ride to Vegas because it is so long and you couldn't smoke.  You stand outside in the freezing cold, you stand outside in a terrible storm just to have one.   You are right back to being its slave again.  It is your master, you hate being it's slave.  You are miserable. You want to be free.

When the fantasies invade your mind, remember they are FANTASIES, not reality.  Smile, today you are free!!!!!!

That is how I have stayed free for 203 wonderful days.

God Bless,

Sheri

14 Comments
exhale

congrats sheri!!! 203 days...what a blessing. God is good all of the time

donna-b2

GREAT BLOG!

lisa11209
Thanks, Sheri. Great blog.
aztec

YOu are so right , We dont' choose to smoke when we are aaddicted, we HAVE to smoke. and we are slaves.

great blog.

aztec

melissa131

smoking is gross. 

MarcieWhosoever

nice. and you are right. I may copy this blog into my "really good things to remember" folder. Thanks sheri and I hope to see you here LOTS. The people on this site need you here 🙂

jojo_2-24-11

Hi Sheri, That was very well said! Thanks for posting it! Love ya!

freedom1

OMG!  that is soo true!  I love that blog and will remember it!

barbara111

Yes We are Free!!!!!!! So True!!!!!!!

Madyzsgocka

GREAT Blog! This helped me today :). I'm with Marcie - I may need to save this one too. Thanks Sheri.

pir8fan

All of the above are right! You have so much to contribute! Thank you for this blog!

Ex_Nancy

SO TRUE...and this was exactly what the old ciggarette ads were all about,a fantasy world of happy,attractive,young and healthy people,having fun and smoking SICKORETTES!!!  YIKES...:/

la2012

Yep, I agree.  However, looking forward to watching Mad Men - starts back up in April - lots of smoking characters, but it is a TV show, not reality - they don't get cancer, ruin their teeth, smell bad, etc. . . . .

maggie_8-1-2010

Great blog Sheri! Missed them and you!