cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Falling Down

marie0991
0 10 16

Today I got up at 715(mountain time)then my mom wanted me to go get her cigs I did but didn't smoke on the walk there or back. I was doing well feeling sick but staying busy. Then 11 rolled around and I craved fall down and smoked. I feel  like shit for letting a lot of  people down. I have not smoked for almost two hours now. Ugh I need to find a better way to get passed the first few days. I am starting over so here we go.

Marie

10 Comments
wanda-j-56

Are you wearing a patch or chewing the nicorette gum its working for me. I just quit last Thursday and Im on my 5th day as an ex-smoker.

SkyGirl

Marie, please go read the blog that Sarah posted just before you posted this blog.  Perhaps you need more time to read and educate yourself before you actually quit.  Anyone can quit if they take the time to adequately prepare themselves.  I know you can do this.  Have you done all the reading and EX exercises?

xxxooo,   Sky

Thomas3.20.2010
And tell Mom to buy her own sickerettes!
kathy_ryz

Sarah's blog is awesome. Please read it!

misty_dawn

Read Sarah's blog!  it tells the whole story!

marie0991

Sky, I did the reading on here and completed some research as well

No I am not doing gum or patches I do not seewhy I should get nicoten to give it up.

Thanks

SimplySheri

Marie, we all know how difficult quitting can be.  Love yourself enough to tough it out those first few days!!  Remind yourself of all the good reasons you have to quit.  When you want to cave, take a few deep breaths and either post help here or use another coping skill....go for a walk, eat a butterscotch candy, sing at the top of your lungs...do anything other than smoke!!!

You really can do this.  Anyone can.  Be courageous, be wise, and be determined.  What is the worse thing that can happen when you quit??

joyeuxencore

Hey there Marie!

Do you have  a 'quit kit' composed of a list of distraction techniques and things to help you through like cinnamon sticks, crunchy things (carrots, celery, chips some hard candy, lots of water), lemons…biting into a lemon or sticking your head in the freezer and taking a deep breath gets you through.Make a list of all the reasons you want to quit and keep it with you to read at all times. Have you read Sarah's blog yet?

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/SarahP-blog/2013/09/17/which-type-of-quitter-will-you-be

Jordan-11-1-12

Priorities need to be put into place. Your quit needs to come first and you need to keep yourself away from cigs.  When people are smoking, you need to not be near them. YOu need to not buy them or hold them or be around them.  The first couple weeks of our quit, we really need to stay away from temptation BIG TIME. This is life or death and you deserve to be free. 

Please do the suggested reading.

Crunkgrinder
Hey, girl. Has anyone given you the link to Allen Carr's book, "The Easyway to Quit Smoking"? I swear its a life (and quit) saver. Quitting is not usually easy, but perspective will make a huge difference. And if your parents ever seriously think about quitting, you might want to suggest they read Carr's book, too. (Plus you can be their role model. Once you successfully quit, smokers ENVY you!) You CAN quit. I know, I'm sitting here on day 91. The first day is rough. But if you can make it one day, you can make it 91 days if you just take it a day at a time. 😉 The first three weeks were the hardest for me (the first three days the worst) but it continually gets easier and you will benefit for life! 🙂 -Taylor, day 91