Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Fall Bonfire has now begun!

ShawnP
5 231 1,501
   Celebrate Being Free!!

We're looking to get 1,000,000 unsmoked cigarettes dumped into this fire. Post your numbers and I will tally them up throughout the night. Let's see how many we can get!!

This is how to do your calculations for your unsmoked. 100 Days, and you were smoking a pack a day(20 cigarettes) You would have 100 X 20 = 2,000 unsmoked cigarettes to throw in the fire! If you need math help let me know!!      

Fire burns til Sunday at midnight.             

Tags (1)
231 Comments
ShawnP

Our last bonfire in July, we totalled 2,269,266!! Even though we say 1 million, do you think we can beat our last total?? let's give it a try!

Am starting off with some music.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZE5Ry20aIs

ShawnP

does this tempt you??

ShawnP

Shawn - Free and Healing for Three Years, Seven Months, Fourteen Days, 18 Hours and 2 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 91 Days and 22 Hours, by avoiding the use of  >>>>26,475 <<<<<nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $7,621.55.

elvan

This has posted three times...I commented on one, someone else on the second, I will comment again on this one.

I averaged a pack a day over the past 47 years...I have been quit now for 650 days so I am throwing 13,000 cigarettes onto the fire.

ShawnP

Here's some spooky snacks!!!

X4good

I know it ain't much, as I'm only on day 3, but I'll let you torch what I've got to contribute.  60 from me.

ShawnP

Giulia started a hangout. If u want to join, u need to have a gmail account. Please see her if u r interested.....

Next song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSR6ZzjDZ94

ShawnP

EX Nancy wants me to toss in 32,345!!! That's 4 1/2 years smokefree N.O.P.E

kristen-9-7-15

I'm contributing 2,166 sticks of fuel in 54 days

summer-07-06-15

Summer 117 days of freedom 1989 cigarettes  being brought to the Bonfire.

This is What Awesome Looks Like

Legend

Christine - Free and Healing for Seven Years, 18 Hours and 15 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 177 Days and 13 Hours, by avoiding the use of 51135 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $11,096.50.

51135 cigarettes to toss into the fire 

YoungAtHeart

I am tossing in 24,280 evil sticks of tobacco leaves and chemicals wrapped up in paper and packaged ever so cleverly to look enticing!!!

Burn, babies, burn!!!

🙂

ShawnP
joedice711

wish i could give 50 years worth..like they say you can,t go back...   but here is a start 400 cigs not inhaled,,          have a good nite all

cpsono

Getting on early tonight because I'm working tomorrow(sad face). I'm throwing 31,036 cigs on the fire...Let it burn!

freeneasy

Hi Shawn thanks for starting it up-the bonfire I mean! Here are my 21,640 unsmoked coffin nails that would have cost me over $7,000 to slowly kill myself with.

kristen-9-7-15

brought some finger cookies! Muuuuuuuaaaaaahhhh

ShawnP

those finger cookies look delcious LOOOL

MarilynH

Great fire, great food and music everything looks wonderful. This is my second Halloween at the bon fire yeah everyone, here's my 14,160 cigarettes to burn for my 474 days of freedom from the sickerettes. 

Marilyn 

ShawnP

How about some meatballs?

or wings?

freeneasy

ShawnP
ShawnP

Wow that fire is getting big!! thanks Jim!!

ShawnP

LOOOOK WE ARE MAKING NIC BURN!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO HOOO

mikecity

Hi everyone,

I have 30,700 cigarettes to throw in the bonfire.

Have a Happy Halloween.

Patty-cake

Hello All!

Joining in this evening to throw in my 24,816 unsmoked cigarettes into the bonfire.

Loving the freedom that I have. No more a slave to this addiction.

3 years, 4 months, 23 days. $12,408 in my pocket. I figure this money will come in handy since I'm probably going to live longer.

Thanks for hosting the bonfire Shawn. 🙂

ShawnP

Here is some healthy food to pass around......

Michwoman

Happy Halloween Everyone!  Here I am on the doorstep of the quad club with:

999 Days

At least 19,980 Nasty Cigarettes

At least $6493.50 Not given to the Big Tobacco Companies

Patty-cake

Healthy food is great, but will you pass me some of those wings? 

Michwoman

ShawnP
jimmypage

Hi everyone! I have 1,449 cigarettes to add to the flames. Hope everyone has a great Halloween and we smash our goal of 1 million cigarettes not smoked 😃

Michwoman

ShawnP

how about you???

ShawnP

wow! how about that? a bonfire cake hehe

What is your favorite kind? i like the caramel with nuts

TerrieQuit

Happy Halloween, Everyone!

117 DOF

$589.12 saved 

5891 sickorettes not smoked

2 weeks 6 days and 10 hours saved

Burn 'em up!

Terrie

ShawnP

Tom Petty- You got lucky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTAhZKP5wCY

What kind of music do you like???

Puff-TM-Draggin

Gee whiz!!! What a bunch of junkies you folks were.  I hardly feel like I was even a bonafide smoker compared to you.  I'm 63 days free at just a tad over half a pack a day, so I'm contributing 945 this year.  Hate to say I wish I'd smoked more but no one told me I'd be competing with the likes of you.

Wow.  Fire is nice and warm.  Keep adding fuel ... (he says inhaling deep.)

Cough, cough, cough, hack, cough, cough, HACK!

Christine13

Hello.  Today is day 1, I've moved my quit date up to today!  Here are 10 yucky unsmoked cigs for the fire.

Christine

nanawendy

Where's Tommy with my Margarita with extra salt ????

ShawnP

Tommy is at sea until wed nana! how would u like this kind? its festive for this time of year

TerrieQuit

Nice fire, warm and toasty, I like the healthy food, and great Music!!!

Fun!

nanawendy

I like that Shawn !!

ShawnP

FOR THE FIRST HOUR, WE HAVE.....ARE YOU READY?????

302,477!!!

LOOK AT THIS FIRE NOW!!!

TerrieQuit

That was 2 weeks, 6 days, and 10 hours life saved!

ShawnP

We have a load coming......

Sootie has 65,700 after 6 years!!!

Tommy has 91,547!!

nanawendy

Shawn I have 2 years 9 months, 4 weeks 2 days 20 hours and 19 minutes or 1033 days smoke free   I have 20, 676 unsmoked cigarettes and I have saved $5169.23. I have extended my life by 2 months 1 week, 5 days and 19 hours.

YAY ME !!!!

20,676 into the fire Burn, Baby Burn

keep calm and carry on

Wendy

12/31/12

SmokedOut041412

I have been quit for 3 Years, 6 Months, 2 Weeks, 3 Days, 17 hours, 14 minutes and 21 seconds (1,295 days). I have saved $5,305.96 by not smoking 18,140 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Months, 1 Day, 23 hours and 40 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 4/14/2012 12:00 AM

ShawnP
JACKIE1-25-15

2, 700 thrown in the flames.  Yay

About the Author
I am 51 yrs old and live in the Greater Cleveland area. I started smoking at a young age. I think it was more peer pressure at that time and just a few cigarettes a day until i became "LEGAL" to smoke. I then started smoking a pack or more a day, using stress as my excuse to smoke more. In reality, I realized after i quit smoking that there is no excuses for smoking. I am approaching 4 yrs next month, but I still have to work to protect my quit. I am here on Ex faithfully helping others and in return helps me. We call it here on Ex "Collateral Kindness" here is a link to my blog, 1 yr later that explained my trials in the the beginning of my quit. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2013/03/14/one-year-later