cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Faith, Spirituality and When I was a kid I did not need a cigarette

willybilly30
0 1 150

i tried to join that group and still not in. I wondered what people’s views on it was. Do I need to just post Spiritual stuff there? What kind of Religions are people even into here? 
I have always had a fascination with Religion so that probably won’t be a problem. Got people from all kinds of religions on face book and groups .

been involved in so many religions my mom once asked “What religion you in today.?” Well, although I have explored many religions and done many things the only Religion that has any thing that you can physically be a part of is Christianity. I was raised Christian to.

A few months ago Mormon Missionaries came and I been going to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and Their addiction recovery program. 
in Doctrine and Covenants 89 God tells Joseph Smith the prophet he does not want us to smoke, drink coffee or tea.

but, I can think of other reasons I would like to not smoke, my life revolves around smoking, costs tons of money, I was gonna try to quit and my quit meter keeps giving me badges and I gotta restart it, I would love to put all the money I used to spend on smoking in a savings account. I mean ever 50.00 Carton of money. My quit meter has how much money I spent on smoking since I started. MY mom said “ you could buy a house if you had that kind of money”  I bet I could do a lot of things. 

I was talking earlier about things I enjoyed before I smoked..like walking. Another was praying , reading scriptures, journaling , meditating , and I could do all that now. I remember a time when I walked, exercised, read the Bible, journaled, spent time in nature and I did not need cigarettes to do it.

I watched tv and did not need one for that either…or need one as a break cleaning house. What ever I did…no cigarettes did I need. 
my child hood had stressful times and I did not need them then either 

I dunno it is something to ponder…some people call some thing you use to deal with things a crutch I guess.

well, my crutch I guess was a cross cause I prayed to Jesus. When I think of it…Cigarettes are almost a form of idolatry. I smoke when sad, angry, happy, stressed, depressed, ever morning , ever night,….I think God wants you to be doing that to him. I am pretty sure of that. 

I don’t judge religions. Don’t want to argue what one is true or false. But, I think I can safely say they all got a God and it probably don’t want to share worship with a cigarette. God made us and gave us a body and I am sure God is happy when we take care of it. 
if you had two kids and gave them cars and one took care of it and one did not…who would you be proud of, 

The car being our body in that story and God with the kids. 

1 Comment