Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Facing an awesome burdon

JustinHoot99
3 15 225

Update on my current situation.  
For those not following my regular post, my wife left for 4 days to visit our daughter. 
This puts an incredible amount of stress and burdon on me during day 28 of my quit.
I mean, I have to make all my own meals AND do all the dishes, plus clean up after myself.
Breakfast is doable as I always eat a hardboiled egg and 1 strip of bacon.  My wife boils 7 eggs for me each Sunday and there is always about 5lbs of bacon she microwaves up and freezes. So I guess I will get by there.
Lunch during the week is always a chicken, bacon, spinach, tomato wrap + grapes.  Fortunately, she bakes the chicken on Sunday to last the week, so I'm good there.
Dinner - I purchased an 8 piece fried chicken dinner w/ 2 sides at Kroger yesterday, and there are some turkey TV dinners in the freezer, so I'm good w/ dinner.
Night time snack is always chocolate ice cream and we have plenty of that.
So I guess I won't starve.  
But I do have to do all the dishes.  Now I tend to use the same plate/fork/glass on every meal the entire day while she is gone and then just wash them once at night (she would freak if she knew this) so I guess I'm not in too big a bind.  
So you can see that I am in a large amount of stress having to take care of all the meals and dishes myself.
How am I going to handle all this?
What is a guy to do?
Anyone feel sorry for me?
lol

15 Comments
About the Author
I'm back after restarting smoking early last year, I'm back here for support. QD was 2/19 5pm.