cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

FREEDOM TRAIN 1/17/2012

BobbyMaynard
0 54 169

EVERYONE far and wide is hereby invited to come and join in a celebration of our fellow nonsmokers and a celebration of their wonderful accomplishments. Becoming a nonsmoker is a serious life changing accomplishment, that takes a serious decision, a serious commitment and a serious effort. Today however is all about having some fun, celebrating with and honoring the following Supper Quitters.

First I want to recognize my friend and my October quit buddy from the state of Texas, Melissa with 100 DAYS of FREEDOM!!! Even though Melissa has a very busy life, working as an assistant manager at a restaurant and raising a teenage son along with pursuing her sewing interest, she still finds the time to come here almost everyday and share goodwill, support and practical down to earth advice. Her motto, “smoke free is the way to be”.

My next friend on board from beautiful Wisconsin is barbT with 200 DAYS of FREEDOM!!! I have enjoyed barbT's insights and good sense of humor on several occasions. It is obvious that she has an appreciation and an enthusiasm for being a nonsmoker that we can all learn from. Her quote,Just by quitting smoking so many changes have happened and all for the better.

Welcome to Troy with 200 DAYS of FREEDOM!!! Troy pops in on occasion to post a blog and keep us posted on his progress and to share his hard earned insights and wisdom. Troy is a veteran of Desert Storm and Desert Shield, I am sure he would welcome everyone to stop by his page just to say hello and thank him for his service. Congratulations Troy.

From somewhere in The Great USA, only the FREEDOM TRAIN knows just where to find her, onelasttime (Deb) with 2 YEARS of FREEDOM!!! When she said “one last time”, she meant it! I Just read her blog on what the journey from day 1 to day 730 has been like for her. I highly recommend that everyone with a few months or less in their quits go read the blog. It will give you something to look forward to. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/onelasttime-blog/2012/01/16/two-years-its-a-wonderful-thing... BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you and to all of our wonderful quit friends!

Now let's go PARTY!!!

This Train is bound for Freedom from the evils of tobacco and smoking! "IF YOU ARE NOT RIDING WITH US, YOU ARE MISSING THE TRAIN" ALLLLLLLLLLL ABOARD!!!!!!! 

Bobby

Tags (1)
54 Comments
BobbyMaynard

BobbyMaynard

CONGRATULATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa,   barbT,  Troy,   onelasttime

pir8fan

The offical cake of The Freedom Train! Thanks Bobby and welcome to the staff!

pir8fan

Glad to see that you dressed for the job this morning! Congrats to all who celebrate milestones today!

BobbyMaynard

joy36

I'm so happy to be back ! I'm ready to join all of my friend's in our train ride today ! WE ARE ALL AWESOME !!!    CONGRAD'S TO EVERYONE !!

Thomas3.20.2010

CONGRATULATIONS Melissa, Troy, Barb and Deb!!!! Each of you are EXcellent Quitters!!!

GREAT JOB, Bobby!!! Very Nice Train!(and uniform!) WAY TO GO!!!!

MarcieWhosoever

Great job on the train Bobby! very nice~!

Melissa Barb Troy and deb! congrats to you all!

Marcie

MarcieWhosoever

MarcieWhosoever

JonesCarpeDiem

Great Job On Your Quits!!!

melissa131

hah hah Marcie those are crazy looking things dancing there? 

Hey Troy, I hope you stop by and see your train, I know how hard it is for ya, and you are doing great. 

and Barb, I am in great company on my quit. 🙂 Smiley happy 102.gifSmiley music 077.gif Doing the happy dance, 

Now it's time to go eat, yum. Thank you Bobby! And yes your uniform is....yer funny. 

Thomas3.20.2010

lisa11209
Congratulations! Great quits! Thanks, Bobby, for driving the train.
Thomas3.20.2010

Thomas3.20.2010

imageMELISSA!!!!

cyn9

Great train Bobby!

Congrats to Melissa @ 100! 

Barb & Troy with 200!

And Deb with 2 years!

onelasttime

Glad yopu have a lot of fruit because I am still a little fluffy around the middle thank everyone for all the support you have given me in this journey to my new life...Hugs Deb

coug

CONGRATES TO ALL!

Newfound_Joy

GREAT QUITS today!! CONGRATS TO you Melissa (and thanks for all your help), BarbT, Troy and Deb.  WoWoW!

And what a cute train conductor we have today.

😛

madsmurf

Congratulations to you all!!!

TheNewMe_Jo

img alt="" />

TheNewMe_Jo

TheNewMe_Jo

Lonita

wooohooo!!! Congratulations to all!!!

i feel like dancing image i feel like dancing image imagei feel like dancing

Lonita

Congrats comment

Lonita

imageimageimage

laura-m

Congratulations Melissa, Troy, Barb and Deb!!!  Great milestones.  Thanks, Bobby for driving the train.  Everybody have a great day!

maxsmiles

Wow!  Great Job!!!  Congrats to Melissa, Trot Barb and Deb.          Enjoy the ride.

Ex_Nancy

Congrats to Melissa, Troy and Deb on your milestones today!!! AND congrats to Bobby as today's conductor!   img alt="" src="" />

Dakota_Posse

BIG congratulations to ALL our Honorees today!!!!!  WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!! 

And to you, Mr. Conductor, nice uniform....***wink, wink!!!!

Cindy

Dakota_Posse

PARTY ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

maggie_8-1-2010

What a great party Bobby!Teriffic train and who doesn't like a man in uniform? Let's keep it going everybody!

maggie_8-1-2010

image   MELISSA! WELCOME TO THE TRIPLE DIGIT CLUB! HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING THIS RIDE!

AutumnWoman

Hooray for Melissa, Barb, Troy and Deb!  Wonderful jobs on those quits, all of you! Continue on your journey of freedom.  Stay strong!

maggie_8-1-2010

Congratulations Barb and Troy!  You are on your way!

maggie_8-1-2010

@ Cindy..  image

maggie_8-1-2010

Deb - 2 years - WOW! Hope you plan to mark this day with something special for yourself. You deserve it!

johnbotkins

Hey I made it here!!!! lol I need to be on here!!!!!!

Nice train you got here Bobby and your looking great!!!

WAY TO GO ON ALL THE MILESTONES!!!!!!

NOPE

John

Julia_Amy
Congrats to our honorees!!!!..great job! Bobby, if this your first ride driving? Didn't feel a single bump!
Ex_Nancy

@ Julia Amy,lol...it's not over yet...WTG with your maiden voyage on the  Freedom Train Bobby!!!   img alt="" src="" />

Mike.n.Atlanta

Huge Congratulations going out to all of today’s milestoners. Doing what you must to protect that quit. Our quits are fragile things & each of you deserve this recognition for your commitment.

M n @

Doris

Awesome party !!!!! congrats to all..

family-first
CongrTulations to you on amazing quits!!!!!!
Strudel

Congrats to all of these fine folks!!

Thanks for joining the conducting team Bobby - great job! Love the pic! 

jojo29

WOOOOT WOOOOT LETS GET THE PARTY GOING ON WOMP WOMP !! :)) JUST STOPED IN TO CONGRADUALTE EVERY ONE OF YOU GUYS  FOR  ROCKING & ROLLING QUIT 🙂 GREAT JOB GUYS, KEEP IT GOING, & TO BOBBY.. A JOB WELL DONE HERE :))

jojo29

WOOOOT WOOOOT LETS GET THE PARTY GOING ON WOMP WOMP !! :)) JUST STOPED IN TO CONGRADUALTE EVERY ONE OF YOU GUYS  FOR  ROCKING & ROLLING QUIT 🙂 GREAT JOB GUYS, KEEP IT GOING, & TO BOBBY.. A JOB WELL DONE HERE :))

Denise3

I'm here too......wouldn't miss it for the world!

bella65

Sootie

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO---CONGRATS TO ALL!!

Bobby---this is a very neat picture of a train----nice!