cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

FREEDOM ISNT GIVEN- IT IS WON!!!!!!

laura132
0 14 18

Today I am celebrating one year of freedom, earned the hard way, by following the rules set forth on this website. I remember- I had a rough time the first month or so - I had to celebrate on a daily basis (made it through another day) ....But things got easier with each passing day and pretty soon it was 50 days  and then it was 100 days and now  its been a year! I am so very proud and I want to thank everyone here for whatever part they are able to contribute to this site.

For all the newbies...YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Start by making a commitment to yourself and come hell or high water, don't give in! Imagine yourself running down a long dock in the middle of December toward an open body of deep , dark, cold water. As your feet leave the dock and you are sailing through the air you suddenly realize that this was a mistake and you want to turn back- BUT YOU CANT. YOU ALREADY MADE YOUR DECISION AND YOU CANT GO BACK. Same with smoking. You decide to stop for a multitude of different reasons... YOU DO NOT GIVE IN and smoke again. Remember, NOPE. Come here when the going gets tough...you will find plenty of non smoking friends to help you; I know I did!

Happy Fourth of July to everyone! Have a safe and fun filled holiday.

14 Comments
MarcieWhosoever

Happy 1 year laura! And have a happy 4th! Im going to the Saginaw fireworks tonight, even though it will be over 100 degrees BLAHHHH

Yaya2.6.10

Hooray for one year!  Celebrate yourself!

TheNewMe_Jo

let me try this again lol

papajim

AWESOME! 1 year today.....INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Great job Laura!

I am very proud of you too......welcome to the club of annual counters........SCHWEET!

Ex_Nancy

CONGRATS to you on 1 YEAR LAURA!!! xoxo

bean5

LAURA!!!!!!!!!!!! You completely did it.  Congratulations to my quit buddy who I have followed close behind this whole journey.  I bet you never thought you would feel so free this time last year.  AMAZING isn't it?!?!  Congratulations are definitely in order.

Sabine

JonesCarpeDiem

Good Job Laura!!

IrishRose

Congratulations on one year, Dear Lady.  I hope you buy something very special for yourself in celebration of such a beautiful milestone.

Yellow Roses

froguelady

WOO HOO  for one year and on such an appropriate day. FREEDOM from nicotine.  Congratulations on a struggle that is so very worth the freedom it brings. Happy 4th of July.

jojo_2-24-11

Congratulations on 1 year Laura! Great Job! You certainly have alot to celebrate today! Happy 4th of July!

Strudel

Laura - Wow - congrats on one year!!! I hope you have something very special planned!! Celebrate!!!

laura-m

Congratulationsl Laura on your 1 year of freedom!  Happy 4th of July!

bella65
Congrats Laura on one year so proud of you
Rick_M

WTG Laura one year is sweet just like you.....