cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

FAMILY FUNCTIONS NOT SO DYSFUNCTIONAL NOW!

rachel17
0 4 10
I attended my nieces b-day party today with my kids and partner. I realized how much I could actually enjoy spending time with my extended family now that I am not thinking about cigarettes the whole time. I never smoked in front of any of them and would like to think they didn't know that I had started again 3 years ago. Before at anything like that I was always thinking when and how can I smoke. Trying to think of ways to sneak away and cover the smell. With all that I couldn't really enjoy the time with them. Today was great though. Among other things this may improve my relationship with my family? This is my partners family and I have always felt like an outsider because of the smoking. They are extremely anti smoking which is why I always tried to hide it. They must have known because of the smell but it wasn't discussed. I doubt that I would have come clean anyway. Today felt really good. I'm looking forward to more situations like this to keep reminding me of some other reasons to KEEP THE QUIT!!!
4 Comments