cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

FAILED.

kelly-raymond.
0 9 107

Yesterday, was going to be my quit date. ended up not being my quit date. I need to keep trying no matter how much I want a cigarette. I never thought it could take over my life like this. but they do. and it is pretty scary. Never thought something 3 inches can dominate my life as much as it does. I'm going to keep trying even if it takes me a million times!

9 Comments
Yaya2.6.10
You've got the right idea. When I decided that a 3 inch inanimate object was both killing me and dominating me, I decided I would take control. You can do it too.
jeffculler

Today is my 3rd day and I REALLY want a cig. The fact that you actually blogged here shows you did more than I did.

Failed?? Seriously--you've gone through the steps to set up an acct here  on BanX.org so you are making forward progress by that alone.

I had millions of false starts myself and today is the first time I've been nicotene-free without any sort of NRT (patch, etc) in 20 years. IT SUCKS!!! But also, this pain and discomfort is temporary and the long-term payoff is priceless I keep telling myself.

Don't quit quitting!!!

Jeff

bridget5

The only people who fail are those who stop trying... its ok...

JoAnne5-14-2008

I agree with you Bridget.  Throw that net back out there.  You will succeed.

JonesCarpeDiem

i hope it doesn't take a million times.

of course your brands maker DOES

anacondahead

You can do it because we have done it. Why do you slip up and go back to smoking? Try to think about that and be very specific. That information will make you better prepared for next time. Starting and stopping over and over again is totally exhausting and who could blame you for giving up that emothional roller coaster? Don't waste your energy.

You need your energy for the first day or 2 after your quit date. If you really want to stop, you will. You have made the right choice- many, many people cannot even think about quitting. You're way ahead of them. Do not underestimate the power of nicotine addiction - it will say and do ANYTHING to keep you as a customer. But please try to stop the stopping and strating. It's a dead end road that leads nowhere and it sucks away all of your energy.

Set a date - let us know how you are doing. You matter.

elizabetty

You DO matter!!! I had quit many times before I actually quit. I am on day 18 now and this time is different. Use this site to help you. The support you receive here is genuine because we have all been there and may still be going through the same things you are.

Keep asking yourself  "Why do I want a cigarette?" Anacondahead is right, this information helps you to be prepared to not smoke. A good friend shared a great quote with me that unfortunately I do not know who it is by but it goes like this...

"Don't give up what you want MOST for what you want in the MOMENT." The urges for cigarettes will pass. the do get easier to deal with. And remember you have a community of people who are pulling for you and will be here no matter what!

onelasttime

Keep on trying.You can do this if you really decide to. You have to want this with all your heart and soul not just thinking about it tat won't do it you have to do it with every ounce of willpower you have. Get through the tough times and go on. Its not a easy job but there are many long time nonsmokers on this site and they are full of useful information all you have to do is ask and Believe in yourself.

kelly-raymond.

Thanks everyone for all your loving comments!!! I've haven't had one cigarette since 2pm yesterday and I'm going to keep it going!! 😄