cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

F*** Ciggarettes!!!!!

lana6
0 2 14

First off, to the people who do not like profanity. Im sorry, but this is how I feel. However i did star it out, and it can mean whatever you want!

Anyways, i am now 20 days smoke free. I feel fantastic. In fact, i have never felt this good in my life. I think about it way less, and i walked up and down my sister in laws stairs over 15 times helping her move (3 sets of stairs) and i didn't have to stop and catch my breath. 

To the newbies: You can do it, trust me, i quit cold turkey, and so can you. Few words of wisdom....

Don't think about tomorrow, or that you will NEVER smoke again! (the word never scares me, without anything attached!lol) Think about not smoking today, and then tomorrow when you wake up, think the same.

Day 3 is the worst day you will have! trust me, day 4 is better, day 20, even better!

After you get past day 3, it wont seem better, but it will slowly get better.

After a couple days of not smoking you are no longer a smoker.... so when you think "i should go have a smoke" tell yourself this:

" i am a non smoker, now what the heck would i go have a smoke for?!?!?!?!"

It works for me! Oh and so does very chewy candy, you know the stuff that takes forever to chew, grab a handful of it, and start chewing, by the time your done the craving is too!!!!

It doesn't matter if you gain a few pounds, atleast you dont stink, and im sure your significant other, random people, etc, cant even notice. 

Good luck peeps, enjoy your smoke free fantastic day.

By the way to people following me, thank you for your support, and my little man is healthy and eating like a horse again.... (why is it so cute when babies are chubby, but not adults, lol!!)

2 Comments
pls

My husband quit smoking yesterday, I sent him your blog in Iraq, cause you said it better than me, thanks.

oli2

Thank you!  Day 5 here!  You are right about day 3.  It was the worst, all I wanted to do was smoke but I didn't.  Yesterday I thought about it less.  

I also quit cold turkey.