cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Excuses are like......

cody1976
0 9 38

This blog is aimed specifically at the people who have not actually quit smoking yet. I apologize now for any offensive or accusational comments made here in advance. It is not my intention to discourage you or make you feel inadequate in anyway. The only purpose of this blog is to help you to stop smoking and maintain your quit so that you can lead a healthier life. My quit has not always been easy nor has it been harder than anyone elses, I am thankful for this website and those who have helped and continue helping as I move forward in my quit.

The night before last I was having a conversation with a friend regarding a struggle I was having with my faith and symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder. The conversation brought out a comment from me in which i said "if I had some free time, I could spend more time with God". My friends response was blunt, accusational, and 100% true. "No you wouldn't"

When faced with the decision to quit smoking many people, myself included have an excuse of why they can't quit right now. " When it costs me $x.xx a pack I'll quit" " I'm too stressed right now to quit" the list goes on. The fact is just like if I had more free time, No you won't. 

The necessary action is the same in both cases, if I cannot find time to spend with God during my hectic 15 - 18 hour work day or you will quit when you are not as stressed out then it is not important enough to either of us to find the time when we have free time or less stress. 

Good luck in your quit and in your everyday life. If you feel like you need to put me on blast for anything I have said here please do so in my inbox, no point in making our differences public.

Have a blessed day,

Cody

9 Comments