cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Exactly 35 days...feels good

cheyenne7
0 12 15

Life has it's ups and downs...but it feels so good that I haven't smoked thru any of it...It wouldn't make the tough times easier, and it would ruin the good times....so cigarettes are NOT invited...

Must say, I saw a guy smoking a cigarette outside of 7-11 today, and I hate to admit it, but it looked sortof good...

Then I thought of all the poison that it contained, and in addition, the nicotine alone is dangerous...

It quickly lost its appeal...and I turned my head...went about my business...

But it is a reminder to keep my guard up...to protect this precious quit...

I just have to say that moments like the above are few now...most of my moments are spent being damn proud that I'm not a smoker...Not One Puff Ever...that's the way to do it!!!!

Love, love, love, being a non-smoker !!!

...and to all newbies (I'm one too)...believe me, if I can do this...YOU can do this too!!!

12 Comments
GreenThumb3

Congrats on 35 days ,I think the same when I see someone smoking that I don't want anymore poison smoke in my lungs keep stacking the days should get less craves just watch out for the out of the blue ones 

JonesCarpeDiem

muy buena

cheyenne7

Yeah, that one surprised me...my husband went into the store and I was sitting in the car...when I saw this guy smoking, it kind of just took over me for a minute, like he was lucky to have that...like I too would like that...I guess you could call it a smoke "day dream"

I had to shake my head, and realized that he wasn't lucky...he was actually a prisoner to nicotine, he needed to smoke...I don't want that!

Scary, how it mesmerized me for a moment thou...

Actually, I'm glad it happened ...I think it just made me stronger & more aware that these moments can, for whatever reason, happen...

moody_9-18-13

Life is good when you stop the insanity! That's how I see smoking now, but until a smoker is educated, we don't realize just how bad it is to smoke.  

Congratulations on 35 days!! You ARE doing this!! Keep moving forward.

OldBones-Larry

Way to resist that nicodemon. Don't let him have his way no matter what.

Congratulations on those 35 days smoke-free!!!! Way to go !!!!  Keep up that great quit.

Larry

JRC

Good for you! Congratulations on 35 days!!

cheyenne7

(((to all of you)))

Thanks!!

ljguptill

Good on ya! Congratulations on 35 days! That is something to be happy about! Great job! Isn't it great to be able to have a moment when you start to reminisce, and then BOOM- turn it AROUND! You are not missing anything! Keep up the good work Cheyenne!

Laura

msgardengirl320

I am only a few days ahead of you with my quit, this time around, so I know exctly the feeling you described today when you saw that smoker. I have also kicked it's ass by this thought: When a person has been quit for any longer than 24 hrs, that 1st relapse ciggie tastes terrible & makes you sick, & dizzy. I always remind myself that I have to work almost just as hard to learn to "like" the taste again as I had to not smoke them for those 1st 3 days. When I relapsed a few months ago, It took a day or 2 to actually enjy smoking them again. So whenever I THINK I want one, I just remember how really aweful they taste, & I lose my desire immediately. Kinda cool built-in defense system!

Strudel

Congrats on 35 days! It is normal to have those memories when you see someone smoking. Rewiring takes a little time. Also - I worked at feeling sorry for those smokers! It sounds like you knew how to turn things around. - great job! Never forget - that guy doesn't "get to smoke" - "he HAS to smoke"! We aren't ever going back to that! 

Congrats again! 

joyeuxencore

WONDERFUL dear friend...xo

lpears

That's great that you were able to shake it off. I'm on day 38 and had a few similar things happen at school. I would catch someone smoking outside and just stare at them for a while and do the day dream thing. Last week I had this whole fantasy where I was half way to Mexico with six cases of Cigarettes in the back of my car. I had to slap myself. I'm glad to know I'm now the only one. 🙂 Way to go with day 35! That's great!