cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Evening of Day 10

gayvenda
1 4 18

I have felt great upon my 10th day of not smoking !  I had no idea that deeper breathing and clear lungs could feel so good!   I have been a smoker the majority  of my life and I'm 57 years old. I was diagnosed with COPD about 5 years ago. I would require oxygen when I had bronchitis. This is the first time I've ever quit for so long.  I could maybe get 2-4 days and right back I would go. Just taking a puff, then a cigarette, then it was 3 packs a day.  My cat, Jazzy, is all over me now that I don't smoke.  She hated the smoke.  I think it hurt her tender nostrils.  I feel happy and free tonight from the smoking ball and chain.  Smoking is death.  I now have given myself the opportunity to choose life.  My house smells so much better! And so do I!  It is so wonderful to know that I'm not being self destructive to my lungs and heart.  When I breathe in the fresh air, I let it cleanse me, heal me.   This is a major addiction, possibly more addictive than alchohol or heroin.  I will always be a cigarette addict. The difference is that now I can choose to not smoke or feed the addiction any nicotine.   I am so deeply grateful for EX and Nancy and Jo and Tommy plus many more!  It is the language of the heart that I have heard.  Other smokers who have quit smoking, sharing their experience, strength and hope with you.   I feel so blessed tonight to be free.  I am done with cigarettes and their horrific diseases that they cause.  Maybe now I can watch my grandchildren graduate from college! 

4 Comments