cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Eve of day 138

Icandothis8
0 7 6

WOW 40 days ago I wrote my post "Eve of 98"  now here I sit and type on the eve of day 138.  Things I have learned, triggers are less, but when they come LOOK OUT WORLD!  I keep saying my mantra's NOPE, EEEWwWW that SMELLY SMELL, and baske in the moments of no coughing when I laugh a hardy laugh, and succeeding in this journey called "EX SMOKER". 

It is not easy - weight gain, but more energy, and I am now giving up coffee in the am as I find I do not need it nor do I enjoy it as much as I used to (yes with a cigarrette in my hand).  Learning a lot from this first summer of smoke freedom - I have worked on 2 perennial gardens, without breathing heavy) and enjoy not having to take a break from social gatherings to sneak a smoke.  

Lots of big triggers have come my way - acquisition of a new location at work that I am overseeing, supervisory stress, parents / older siblings aging with issues, and of course tie that in with everyday life stress - I still find a way to get through it.  I know it is all of you sending me the strength to stay strong.

You see, this site is the only site I have ever admitted to openly about quitting, believe me I was a total closet smoker, the few that knew I smoked are amazed (family, friends).  But somehone in this strange world of online support groups the EX'rs have held me to a high level of accountability because you have always offered me some things I never found - 

Unconditional support -you don't care that I gained weight, you don't care that I am upset, you DO care that I don't pick up another NASTY butt, and offer strength and support however you can.  

So - to the newbies - keep on trying - it is possible -but I am going to be brutally honest (as other ex'rs have done to me and it is soo necessary for you to succeed) EVERY DAY IS A CHALLENGE each in it's own way - but it can be DONE!

❤️ you Ex'rs community - I may not be able to post much or read too often, but I find that you all have been there and will be there for me and other's like me - 

Thank you for the strength, love and support - I am an EX'r because of each and every one of you! 

Peace~!

7 Comments