cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

End of the fourth day

all-good.
0 3 5

I bought my gf a cell phone for her birthday this summer, it was the Envy3, which is a pricy phone. I wanted to get her something nice cuz she bought me a truck : / ... so i tried to match her spending and make it up to her but didn't come that close. Anyways, on xmas eve I go by her house she's renting to get some food that was going to spoil cuz she left it out whlie she went home for xmas break. As I enter I see the fire alarms are going off and the back door is wide open - so I call her and then the cops. After the cops check it out they tell me to write everything that's missing down and long story short her phone was stolen so I cancelled the service as soon as I could and today I get a bill saying i have to pay 362 dollars for the line. They downloaded over 230 dollars of stuff and sent out over 100 dollars of messages and pictures over the plan. I couldn't believe it, so I called and tried to get that taken care of. Turns out I'm going to be refunded for almost all of it, which is alright but doesn't quite take away the fact that I had to spend my christmas eve going through her room and helping her to write a police report. Or that they stole one of the only luxury gifts I've been able to give her. Money is tight for everyone, but I can't afford to buy her a new phone. I have a list of all the numbers they've called and had to stop myself from callign them to see what would happen. To see who it was who had broken in. I know it wouldn't accomplish much but it's just not right and I want to somehow give them a piece of what I'm feeling. I made it through day 4 without smoking, but I'm still really upset.  I wish there was gratuitive justice for me, that I could somehow do what they did to me back to them but much worse. Oh well. 

3 Comments