cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

End of day 2

jenn82209
0 7 11

Today is day 2. It sure was a tough one! I would have come on here to blog, but work was CRAZY today. I did it though. I really felt the urge to go to the store, but I fought it with everything I had. I went out to dinner with my hubby and came home and am going to go to bed soon. I have to admit I am a little cranky and short tempered. I also noticed that I had some heart palpitations for part of the day. I am sure that is just the nicotene working its way out of my system (I hope).

This is not the easiest thing to do, but I know it is for the best.

Here is to day 3 being a better day!

7 Comments
joyeuxencore

Jennn... how lovely! If you have made it through 2 days you can make it through ALL days,,,Congratulations on this awesome accomplishment and stay close friend...xo

Mandolinrain

Good job! Drink cranberry juice, helps rid nicotine from body...lots ice water 2....:) congrtas on 2nd day!

freeneasy

Nyima_1.6.13

Jenn, big congrats! I remember that "fight with everything I have feeling" from the early days! Keep being strong, it does get easier. I know it's hard to imagine but the time will come when a random craving will make you want to laugh instead of cry! 

jenn82209
Thank you everyone! 🙂
sharon110

My first week was horrible........ I really needed this place. It got to the point I would have to tell myself "I am not smoking today, perhaps tomorrow, but not today"..I had to do that each day, but it really helped me. 

I want to stay quit forever..so while I will never pick up another, it has been tough. What is so amazing to me also, is how we automatically go to grab one...not even an urge, just automatic.. It's like a constant process.

tracyb316

you are doing great, what you are feeling is normal, but it will get better, my first week i thought i would die on a couple of those days but made it. quitting is very hard but can be done just stay positive and know your triggers.